Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund (EGF) Grant
Church & Dwight Co., Inc.Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $12,000
Anticipated deadline: May 1, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Somerset County, Bucks County, Pennsylvania Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund (EGF)
We feel strongly that, as a member of the communities where we operate, our success should be shared. To that end, in 2005, we established the Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund, Inc. (EGF), a 501(c)(3) workplace giving program that primarily supports charitable organizations in our local communities. In the years since its inception, the EGF has become a cherished part of our culture. Through 2018, the EGF has awarded about 1,800 grants totaling over $11 Million to charitable organizations throughout the areas where our employees live and work.
Each year, EGF is supported by employee contributions, which are matched dollar for dollar by Church & Dwight Co., Inc. The EGF provides our employees with the means to financially assist those who are less fortunate, to actively support and participate in the good works of not-for-profit organizations dedicated to that end, and to direct our contributions to their preferred charitable organizations.
Through our annual grant process in 2018, the EGF awarded $1.2 million to 183 deserving organizations in a variety of areas, including animal rescue, disadvantaged youth, domestic violence, education, health, homelessness, hunger relief, military services, preservation of the environment, services for the elderly, and the visual and performing arts.
For 2019 grants, primary consideration will be given to applications from organizations serving, or requesting funding for a project, under one of the following program areas
- Animal Rescue
- Disadvantaged Youth
- Domestic Violence
- Educational Scholarships
- Visual and/or Performing Arts
- Health Related Causes
- Preservation of the Environment
- Relief of Hunger
- Services for the Elderly
- Services for the Military/ First Responders
Overall, the EGF seeks to promote equal opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, and gender. When the Grants Committee reviews grant applications, they consider how applicants have promoted this belief in both the provision of services and in employment and volunteer opportunities. It is anticipated that most grant awards will fall within the $1,000 to $12,000 range, although exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Grants Committee.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The organization submitting the request for funds must possess a 501(c) designation from the Internal Revenue Service and be organized and operated with a philanthropic focus.
- The program or organization operates within one of the selected program areas designated by the Fund, and the activities supported by our grants must be charitable as defined under the appropriate provisions of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and Treasury Regulations.
- Preference is given to organizations that have a C&D employee sponsor*
- The EGF receives many grant applications annually and as a result, the Grants Committee prioritizes grant requests sponsored by a C&D employee. Without an employee sponsor, grants may be made at a reduced level or declined. Please note that C&D employees are limited to sponsoring 3 annual grant applications per calendar year. If you did not receive a grant in 2018, we strongly recommend that you have an employee sponsor before you apply.
- Support is not given for religious and political activities.
- Additionally, the following are not supported unless their request for funding falls into one of the designated program areas listed above:
- Youth sports activities or organizations
- Booster clubs
- Fundraising events (e.g., walks, runs, etc.)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund (EGF) Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.