Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund (EGF) Grant
Church & Dwight Co., Inc.Suggest an update
Predicted deadline: Apr 15, 2021 8:59pm PDT
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $12,000
Fields of work: Animal Welfare - General Youth Services Domestic Violence Academic Scholarship Programs Homelessness Services Visual Arts Performing Arts Health & Medicine Environmental Conservation Food Access & Hunger Senior Services Military & Veterans Services Emergency Medical Care & Services First Responders Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Somerset County, Bucks County, Pennsylvania Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The timeline for the EGF's annual grant process is generally as follows:
- February: Applications made available
- Mid-April: Application deadline for all organizations seeking financial support
- May-August: EGF Grant Application review process
- September-October: Notification and distribution of grant awards
We are now using a digital format for our grant applications. If you would like to submit an application, please contact your Church & Dwight Employee Sponsor.
Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund (EGF)
We feel strongly that, as a member of the communities where we operate, our success should be shared. To that end, in 2005, we established the Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund, Inc. (EGF), a 501(c)(3) workplace giving program that primarily supports charitable organizations in our local communities. In the years since its inception, the EGF has become a cherished part of our culture. Through 2019, the EGF has awarded nearly $13 Million to charitable organizations throughout the areas where our employees live and work.
Each year, EGF is supported by employee contributions, which are matched dollar for dollar by Church & Dwight Co., Inc. The EGF provides our employees with the means to financially assist those who are less fortunate, to actively support and participate in the good works of not-for-profit organizations dedicated to that end, and to direct our contributions to their preferred charitable organizations.
In addition to the annual grant process, EGF also leads the following volunteer efforts:
- Coordination of employee volunteering activities throughout the year, including EGF's Annual Week of Service that had over 380 employees donate over 1000 hours of service in our surrounding communities in 2019, as well as local summer camp and holiday dinner service for disadvantaged youth
- Management of charitable collections throughout the year, including backpacks for back-to-school in August and toys and winter coat drives in December
- Sponsorship of charitable fundraising efforts of individual employees (i.e. 5k run)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The EGF only rewards grants to organizations that have been designated as 501(c)(3) non-profits by the federal government.
- Heavy emphasis is placed upon organizations that have Church & Dwight Co., Inc. employee sponsors.
- In most cases, grants are only awarded to non-profits who provide direct programming where our employees live and work, primarily in the New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania region near our Corporate Headquarters.
- Our annual grants do not exceed $12,000 each and our average grant awarded in 2018 was approximately $6,600..
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”