Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund (EGF) Grant
Church & Dwight Co., Inc.Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $12,000
Deadline: May 1, 2019 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Somerset County, Bucks County, Pennsylvania Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund (EGF)
In 2005, the Church & Dwight Co., Inc. Employee Giving Fund (“EGF”) was established to meet the desires of Church & Dwight Co., Inc. (“C&D”) employees to financially assist those who are less fortunate, and to actively support and participate in the good works of non-profit organizations dedicated to that end. Contributions from the Fund are made directly to qualified organizations in the communities where C&D employees live and work, primarily in New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania.
The EGF is a workplace giving program currently administered by a committee of employees (“Grants Committee”), which represents a cross section of employees working at the Ewing and Princeton, NJ facilities. This committee is responsible for administering the Fund, evaluating grant applications and determining those who will receive grants from the Fund.
When the grant solicitation period is announced, non-profit organizations that provide services under the selected program areas may submit formal grant applications to the EGF for consideration. The Grants Committee then evaluates all submitted applications and awards grants to those organizations that serve the program areas selected by C&D employees, and those that best meet the overall EGF guidelines. Grant decisions are also influenced by the EGF’s annual budget available for disbursement.
For 2019 grants, primary consideration will be given to applications from organizations serving, or requesting funding for a project, under one of the following program areas
- Animal Rescue
- Disadvantaged Youth
- Domestic Violence
- Educational Scholarships
- Visual and/or Performing Arts
- Health Related Causes
- Preservation of the Environment
- Relief of Hunger
- Services for the Elderly
- Services for the Military/ First Responders
Overall, the EGF seeks to promote equal opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, and gender. When the Grants Committee reviews grant applications, they consider how applicants have promoted this belief in both the provision of services and in employment and volunteer opportunities. It is anticipated that most grant awards will fall within the $1,000 to $12,000 range, although exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Grants Committee.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The organization submitting the request for funds must possess a 501(c) designation from the Internal Revenue Service and be organized and operated with a philanthropic focus.
- The program or organization operates within one of the selected program areas designated by the Fund, and the activities supported by our grants must be charitable as defined under the appropriate provisions of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and Treasury Regulations.
- Preference is given to organizations that have a C&D employee sponsor*
- The EGF receives many grant applications annually and as a result, the Grants Committee prioritizes grant requests sponsored by a C&D employee. Without an employee sponsor, grants may be made at a reduced level or declined. Please note that C&D employees are limited to sponsoring 3 annual grant applications per calendar year. If you did not receive a grant in 2018, we strongly recommend that you have an employee sponsor before you apply.
- Support is not given for religious and political activities.
- Additionally, the following are not supported unless their request for funding falls into one of the designated program areas listed above:
- Youth sports activities or organizations
- Booster clubs
- Fundraising events (e.g., walks, runs, etc.)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund (EGF) Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.