Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund (EGF) Grant
Church & Dwight Co., Inc.Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $12,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 14, 2019 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Somerset County, Bucks County, Pennsylvania Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund (EGF)
The Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund, Inc. (“EGF”) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which supports charitable organizations primarily in New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania, the region where our corporate headquarters is located and where many of our employees reside. The EGF is a workplace giving program, supported by employee contributions, which are matched dollar for dollar by Church & Dwight Co., Inc. The EGF provides our employees with the means to financially assist those who are less fortunate, to actively support and participate in the good works of not-for-profit organizations dedicated to that end, and to direct our contributions to their preferred charitable organizations.
Since its start in 2005, the EGF has evolved its scope and through employee volunteers is responsible for many philanthropic endeavors including the following:
- Administration of the annual fundraising and grant evaluation process which has awarded almost 1500 grants totaling about $8.8 Million since inception.
- Coordination of employee volunteering activities throughout the year, including EGF’s Annual Week of Service that had over 375 employees donate over 700 hours of service in our surrounding communities.
- Management of charitable collections throughout the year, including backpacks for back-to-school in August and Toys for Tots™ in December.
- Sponsorship of charitable fundraising efforts of individual employees and some of our partner agencies.
Our annual grants do not exceed $12,000 each and our average grant awarded in 2016 was approximately $6,500.
Primary consideration will be given to applications from organizations serving, or requesting funding for a project, under one of the following program areas:
- Animal Rescue
- Disadvantaged Youth
- Domestic Violence
- Educational Scholarships
- Visual and/or Performing Arts
- Health Related Causes
- Preservation of the Environment
- Relief of Hunger
- Services for the Elderly
- Services for the Military/ First Responders
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The EGF only rewards grants to organizations that have been designated as 501(c)(3) non-profits by the federal government.
- In most cases, grants are only awarded to non-profits who provide direct programming where our employees live and work, primarily in the New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania region near our Corporate Headquarters.
- Heavy emphasis is placed upon organizations that have Church & Dwight Co., Inc. employee sponsors.
- Support is not given for religious and political activities.
- Additionally, youth sports activities or organizations are not supported unless their request for funding falls into one of the designated program areas listed above.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund (EGF) Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.