Centre for International Mobility
Grant amount: Up to €18,000
Applicant type: PhD Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Preferred: North America, Brazil, Chile, China, India, Russian Federation Other eligible locations: Africa, Americas, Asia, Oceania, Eastern Europe, Southern Europe, Western Europe, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Svalbard And Jan Mayen, Åland Islands Expand all
Location of citizenship: Africa, Americas, Asia, Oceania, Eastern Europe, Southern Europe, Western Europe, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Svalbard And Jan Mayen, Åland Islands Expand all
Must travel to: FinlandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Finnish National Board of Education and Centre for International Mobility CIMO merged at the beginning of 2017. Together, we now are Finnish National Agency for Education.
The EDUFI Fellowships programme is open to young Doctoral level students and researchers from all countries and from all academic fields. Master's level studies or post-doctoral studies/research are not supported in the programme.
The primary target group in the EDUFI Fellowship programme are such Doctoral level students who will be doing their Doctorate (or Double Doctorate) at a Finnish university. Visiting Doctoral-level students and researchers who are doing their Doctorate degree at some foreign university can also be considered eligible, provided that the motivation letter of the hosting Finnish university department presents exceptionally good grounds for such an application.
The scholarship period may vary from 3 to 12 months. The monthly allowance is 1500 euros. The scholarship is intended to cover living expenses in Finland for a single person. No additional allowance for housing is paid. Expenses due to international travel to and from Finland are not covered by the programme.
NB: the EDUFI Fellowship is a start-up grant rather than a full degree scholarship, so if you for example receive an EDUFI Fellowship for 12 months, after that period you should seek other sources of funding for the remaining period of your studies/research.
When to Apply
There are no annual application deadlines in the EDUFI Fellowship programme. Applications may be considered at all times. However, applications should be submitted at least 5 months before the intended scholarship period. Decisions will be made within approximately 3 months after receipt of application.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The programme is open for candidates of all foreign nationalities.
- However, when decisions on scholarship are made, emphasis is given to applicants from Russia, China, India, Chile, Brazil and North America.
- The prerequisite for applying is that the visiting researcher must have established contacts with a Finnish host university - please see the section Doctoral Admissions for further information (you'll find links to the universities' Doctoral Admissions pages there).
- You are also advised to visit the Finnish universities' own websites for detailed information on the Doctoral level study and research options the universities offer.
- If a Finnish university is willing to host you, then the Finnish university department wishing to host you can apply for the EDUFI Fellowship on your behalf.
- That is, only the hosting Finnish university can act as an 'applicant' in the EDUFI Fellowship programme.
- If you are already residing in Finland, please note that the Doctoral students/researchers for whom the Finnish universities can apply for an EDUFI Fellowship should not have resided in Finland for more than one (1) year prior to submitting an EDUFI Fellowship application.
- If you have resided in Finland longer than that, please refer to the section Other sources of funding.
- When decisions on scholarship are made, emphasis is given to applicants from Russia, China, India, Chile, Brazil and North America.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the EDUFI Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.