City Gardens Club of New York City Grant
The City Garden Clubs of New YorkSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $200 - US $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2021
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond County
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond CountyView website Save
About this funder:
The mission of the Grants Committee is to preserve, enrich, and increase the natural beauty of the environment, with special regard to our city, for the public benefit through education, horticulture, conservation and other related undertakings. The Club’s programs, run by member-volunteers, are designed to foster an appreciation of nature, especially among young people.
Funds are distributed (in modest amounts) to a variety of non-profit groups chosen by the committee from the year’s pool of grant applications. The committee’s goals include:
- preserving and/or upgrading community gardens and public spaces, both old and new
- supporting viable start-up projects that offer interactive learning opportunities
- educating community members in developing gardening skills and supplying them with plants and garden-related materials.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- City Gardens Club program funds environmental and garden projects by nonprofit groups throughout New York City.
- Projects must conform to the mission of the Grants Committee.
- CGC grant money is not to be used for salaries.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the City Gardens Club of New York City Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.