City of Homer Grant Program
Grant amount: Up to US $33,433
Deadline: Feb 16, 2019 6:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Kenai Peninsula Borough, Alaska
Location of residency: Kenai Peninsula Borough, AlaskaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Homer Foundation is a publicly supported tax-exempt organization founded in 1991 to enhance and foster charitable and philanthropic giving in the Greater Homer Area. This is accomplished by:
- Attracting gifts and bequests from many donors;
- Creating permanent endowments dedicated to improving the quality of life for Homer Area citizens forever;
- Managing its funds through cooperative investment and prudent management of its gifts and bequests;
- Distributing funds in a manner consistent with the Foundation’s mission and the Donor’s interests.
The Homer Foundation’s City of Homer Grants program is made possible through an annual allocation from the City of Homer and annual earnings from the City of Homer and Kachemak City endowment funds. Criteria have been established taking into consideration the City of Homer’s intent to support locally based non-profit organizations that provide services within the City of Homer, and Kachemak City’s intent to support those organizations that provide services within the City of Homer that benefit the residents of Kachemak City.has been entrusted.
City of Homer Grant Program
The City of Homer grants program provides funding to many Homer nonprofits who provide essential and enriching programs to the community. The Homer Foundation administers the program as well as manages an endowment fund for the city.
Purpose of Funding
Funding is for general operating support. The number of grants awarded, grant amounts and selection criteria are designed to reward outstanding organizations that provide programs and services that enhance life for the residents of the City of Homer. This is a competitive grants process.
Availability of Funds
Funding comes from an annual allocation from the City of Homer and annual earnings from the City of Homer and Kachemak City endowment funds administered at the Homer Foundation. The amount available for 2018 is anticipated to be $33,433.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Organization has IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt status
- Organization has been in existence in Homer a minimum of 3 years
- Organization’s primary facility is located within Homer City limits, and core programs, activities and services are offered within the Homer City limits
- Organization is administered locally with a local policy-making board of directors
- Organization had no other financial or in-kind support from the City of Homer in calendar year 2016
- Preference will be given to projects or programs that take place within our service area.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the City of Homer Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.