Claneil Foundation: Community Fund
Grant amount: Up to US $45,000
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 1, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Founded in 1968, the Claneil Foundation is a private foundation located in the Philadelphia region that seeks to improve the health of families and communities through advancements in health and human services, a sustainable food system, education and the protection of the environment.
The Claneil Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life of individuals and families in vulnerable and/or marginalized communities. Acknowledging that health and well-being are determined by multiple interrelated factors, the Foundation is interested in organizations that work at the nexus of food, health and the environment on the individual, community and/or systemic levels.
Organizations applying for funding should address at least two of the three interrelated issues described below.
- Food: To support a sustainable food system that promotes healthy communities and equity at all stages of production, processing, distribution, consumption, and waste management.
- Health: To improve the health of communities by supporting programs that address the health and overall well-being of individuals and families.
- Environment: To improve the natural and built environments, to enhance people’s relationship with the environment, and to increase awareness of the importance of natural resources and environmental health.
Community Fund grants provide three years of general operating funding ($15,000 per year). Annual $15,000 funding disbursements to grantee organizations are determined based on performance demonstrated in yearly reporting.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations for the Community Fund should be located and/or serve constituents in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania.
- Organizations serving communities outside of this geographic area may apply if invited by a Claneil Foundation board member.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Claneil Foundation: Community Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.