Cleveland County Community Foundation Grants
Foundation for the Carolinas
Grant amount: US $500 - US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 29, 2019 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Cleveland County, North Carolina
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of the Cleveland County Community Foundation is to inspire philanthropy and strengthen our community by supporting initiatives that address local needs and providing quality services to donors and constituents.
The Board of Trustees supports their mission through the annual competitive grantmaking program. The Foundation is an investor in the community and is interested in creating the highest possible levels of community gain, focused on improving the lives of Cleveland County citizens.
Community Investment Guidelines
To decide how to invest the limited dollars of the Foundation, the Board will look for effective programs and strategies that strive to support the target areas listed below. Programs that are capable of attaining measurable results receive higher consideration. Grant requests are reviewed with the following questions in mind:
- What results are we investing in?
- What are the chances we will get results?
- Is this the best possible use of money?
Result and Investment Areas
Priority will be given to requests for projects and programs that address:
- Basic needs for food, shelter and clothing
- The Board is especially interested in education proposals focused on financial literacy for adults and youth, youth mentoring, and character development programs.
Actual award amounts will be determined based on the proposal's merit and available funds. In 2016, the Cleveland County Community Foundation awarded $12,400 to 13 organizations. The awards ranged in size from $500 - $2,000. With additional funding available in 2017, the board will also consider awarding one $5,000 impact grant to the most compelling and competitive application. Proposals for the impact award are encouraged to identify additional funding sources and partnerships with other organization
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants must be awarded to eligible organizations including 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, congregations, governmental and educational institutions for projects that will serve the residents of Cleveland County, NC.
- If the organization conducting the project is not an eligible organization, a grant can be applied for under the fiscal sponsorship of an eligible organization.
- Programs that are capable of attaining results receive higher consideration.
- Areas Not Typically Funded:
- Capital campaign requests
- Debt retirement/deficit funding or expenses incurred prior to grant award decisions
- Direct support of individuals (e.g. scholarships, hardship)
- Endowment funds
- General operating support
- Travel and conferences
- Publication of books
- Projects that are typically the funding responsibility of federal, state or local government
- Projects that promote political or religious views
- Political or lobbying activities
- Sponsorships or fundraisers
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cleveland County Community Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.