Scott Neotropical Fund Grant
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $5,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jun 16, 2018 (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 25, 2018 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Caribbean, Central America, South America, Mexico
Location of residency: Caribbean, Central America, South America, MexicoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Scott Neotropical Fund supports the work of neotropical residents in their countries through direct project support, training opportunities, and/or technical assistance that will continue to benefit the local people, wildlife and habitats of the neotropics into the future. The Cleveland Metro Parks Zoo first required that all applicants submit a pre-proposal.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The primary investigator must be a neotropical resident
- The project impact must be within the neotropics.
- Must be a research and/or conservation initiative involving animals and their habitat or programs involving local people that directly affect animal conservation.
- Requests for partial funding of the project is okay.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is not required to be a collaborator for a project to be eligible for funding.
- Projects submitted for funding should be sound research proposals with clear conservation implications. Including:
- Species, natural history and ecology studies
- National park inventories
- Surveys and biological assessments
- Initiatives involving local people that directly impact animal conservation
- Consideration will also be given to projects in captive situations in the neotropics if the project contributes to the conservation of a species in the wild.
- Although exceptions can be made, ongoing costs such as salaries of permanent staff and other administrative costs are generally not considered.
- Funds to cover contingencies or indirect costs are not granted.
- Highly invasive, terminal research projects or projects that collect/voucher specimens will not be considered for funding.
- Funds will not be awarded for elements of a project that will have already occurred before awards are made.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Scott Neotropical Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.