Clif Bar Family Foundation Small Grants
Clif Bar Family Foundation
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2021 8:59pm PDT
Later deadlines: Feb 1, 2022 8:59pm PST, Jun 1, 2022 8:59pm PDT
Grant amount: Approximately US $7,000
Fields of work: Renewable/Sustainable Energy Food Access & Hunger Environmental Contamination & Pollution Nutrition & Healthy Eating Environmental Conservation Waste Management Green Economy & Jobs Farms & Farming Climate Change Resilience Sanitation & Clean Drinking Water Parks & Public Spaces Water Resource Management Pedestrian & Bike-Friendly Infrastructure Sustainable Agriculture & Agroecology Outdoor Recreation Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Welcome to the Clif Family Foundation, an organization we started in 2006 to support small-to-midsize grassroots groups led by people whose vision and commitment we deeply admire. We have been proud to support hundreds of organizations that are working tirelessly to strengthen our food system, advance equitable community health outcomes, and protect the places we play by being stewards of our environment and natural resources. Our desire has been to leave the world a better place for our children. Now that we’re grandparents, the urgency to build a healthier, just, and sustainable world is even more personal. We look forward to expanding the reach and impact of the foundation in the years to come. This includes working with more organizations to make their innovative ideas a reality and supporting a new generation of leaders. We believe we can all do more good in the world. Together.
- Strengthen Our Food System
- Grow organic farming and other climate-friendly agriculture
- Safeguard agricultural seeds and biodiversity
- Democratize access to fresh and nutrient-dense foods
- Connect families with local food outlets and farmers
- Create viable opportunities for the next generation of farmers
- Enhance Equitable Community Health Outcomes
- Promote clean water access
- Curtail exposure to toxic materials
- Increase access to nature and outdoor activities
- Expand pedestrian and bicycling opportunities
- Improve farmworkers’ standard of living, wages, and working conditions
- Safeguard Our Environment and Natural Resources
- Accelerate action on climate change
- Advance renewable energy and support green jobs
- Break the resource waste cycle
- Preserve watersheds, open spaces, and wild places
- Conserve water supplies for fair, long-term access
Priority is given to applicants that:
- Address two or more of our funding priorities at the same time:
- Strengthen our food system
- Enhance equitable community health outcomes
- Safeguard our environment and natural resources
- Demonstrate strong community ties.
- Operate within viable and clearly defined plans for positive change.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- These grants are awarded for general organizational support as well as funding for specific projects.
- Your organization must be a 501(c)(3) non – profit organization or be fiscally sponsored by a non -profit organization.
- Your project must have a distinct mission with measurable goals and objectives.
- Areas not funded
- Capital construction
- Deficit funding
- For national organizations with local chapters, we may choose to fund either the national chapter or a local chapter near our offices.
- Local and/or state government agencies
- Media projects (such as films, books, radio) – including distribution costs for these programs
- Religious groups
- Sponsorship of seminar, media, or fundraising events (e.g. Fun Runs)
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”