Climate & Community Benefits Projects
Colorado Carbon Fund
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: ColoradoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Colorado Carbon Fund
The Colorado Carbon Fund is a local non-profit whose primary mission is to provide easy to use tools and funding necessary to reduce greenhouse gas emissions within our state. We focus exclusively on Colorado-based projects, business, and people to keep the local capital working to protect our beautiful mountains, wildlife, and communities.
Project Proposals: Community Benefit Projects
The Colorado Carbon Fund welcomes individuals, businesses, and offset providers that wish to collaborate.
The Colorado Carbon Fund welcomes carbon positive programs such as soil biosequestration through holistic land management, sustainable agriculture, and grazing, as well as more socially-oriented community engagement projects.
These projects do not have to be verified carbon offset projects, but they must address areas around social and economic equity, while having an element of carbon reduction. We believe that support should come from local Colorado-based projects where communities receive direct benefits from both the project and the reduction of carbon emissions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Project Requirements
- Project developers must demonstrate that selling emission reductions to The Climate Trust somehow enables a project’s implementation and that without the opportunity to sell the project’s emission reductions the project would not occur.
- Projects should reduce at least 5,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalents over the contract term.
- We will consider smaller volume projects on a case by case basis.
- Projects must reduce emissions through energy-related measures such as avoidance of methane emissions, switching to renewables, or making efficiency improvements.
- Projects must reduce emissions at the site where they are implemented by reducing or displacing the use of fossil fuels.
- Projects that result in grid-electricity reductions are not considered because they result in indirect emission reductions causing ownership and double counting concerns.
- The Colorado Carbon Fund is dedicated to financing innovative projects that contribute to Colorado’s transition to a New Energy Economy and are not currently being funded by the rest of the renewable energy or carbon market.
- Although the Colorado Carbon Fund is interested in a variety of clean technologies, we have a preference for projects related to the following:
- New methodologies in carbon reduction (verification protocol that currently do not exist)
- Soil Carbon
- Biosequestration (e.g. Holistic Land Management)
- Grasslands Preservation
- Anaerobic digestion
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Climate & Community Benefits Projects by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.