Colorado Wildlife Habitat Program (CWHP)
Colorado Parks & WildlifeSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,100,000
Anticipated deadline: May 31, 2020 4:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Individuals Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: ColoradoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Colorado Wildlife Habitat Program (CWHP) is a state-wide program that supports Colorado Parks and Wildlife's (CPW) Mission by offering funding opportunities for private landowners who wish to voluntarily protect important wildlife habitat, and/or, provide sustainable wildlife-related recreational access to the public.
The CWHP is an incentive-based, voluntary program that utilizes Conservation Easements, Access Easements, and in some circumstances, fee title purchases to accomplish strategic wildlife conservation goals and/or public access goals.
Funding for qualified projects is made possible by a conservation partnership with Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) and from revenue generated from the sale of habitat stamps (required of all hunters and anglers). The CWHP priorities are guided by requirements of the funding sources (Habitat Stamp Program and GOCO) and the State Wildlife Action Plan.
Public access is not required for conservation easement projects. However, conservation easement projects that separately convey to CPW limited or year-round public access for wildlife-related recreation will be eligible for access compensation in addition to compensation for the conservation easement. Landowners may also submit proposals to the CWHP for projects whose sole purpose is to provide hunting or fishing access through an access easement.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- A landowner, or his/her designee*, must submit a funding proposal that addresses one or more of the following Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission 2019 funding priorities:
- Public access for hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing
- Big game winter range and migration corridors
- Protecting habitat for species of concern (specifically those Species of Greatest Conservation Need, as identified in the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Statewide Action Plan)
- Riparian areas and wetlands
- Landscape-scale parcels and parcels that provide connectivity
- Fee title, conservation easement, or public access easement acquisitions are eligible for funding through the Colorado Wildlife Habitat Protection Program (CWHPP).
- Priority is given to Conservation Easements and Public Access Easements over Fee Title per CPW Policy and Title 33-4-102.7 C.R.S.
- Preference will be given to 3rd party conservation easements, properties that are adjacent to either one or both side of wildlife crossings (either overpass or underpass crossings), and properties that are working farms or ranches.
- CPW will not reimburse indirect costs incurred by a Third Party involved in a transaction, including staff time and in-house counsel.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Colorado Wildlife Habitat Program (CWHP) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.