Coastal Fund (CF) Grant - Major Funding
University of California, Santa Barbara
Grant amount: More than US $1,000
Next deadline: Oct 12, 2018
Later deadlines: Jan 19, 2019, Apr 13, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Santa Barbara County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Coastal Fund (CF) was created and is funded by the students at the University of California, Santa Barbara in order to preserve and enhance the ecological integrity of the coastal habitats at the University. Given this charge, the CF seeks to provide the financial impetus for research, restoration, preservation, access and educational projects that are in agreement with the CF’s Mission Statement.
Mission: THE COASTAL FUND (CF) shall provide funds to preserve, protect, and enhance the terrestrial and marine habitats associated with the shoreline of the University of California, Santa Barbara through preservation, education, open access, research, and restoration.
Funding proposals must advance the CF Mission Statement, have relevance to the student community and benefit the UCSB shoreline to be eligible.
- Projects that seek to conserve, and PRESERVE the biodiversity and ecological integrity of our shoreline.
- RESTORATION projects that seek to restore, conserve, and protect coastal areas and associated habitats.
- This also includes trash removal projects.
- RESEARCH projects that study aspects of the coastal flora and fauna, ecological community dynamics, or coastal processes of the shoreline areas associated with UCSB that seek to maintain a healthy beach system.
- EDUCATIONAL projects that educate and inform the community about the biological diversity and ecological processes found in the coastal areas of UCSB.
- This includes, but is not limited to, funding field trips, enhancement of coastal areas for educational purposes, and obtaining educational materials that apply directly to the study of these areas for the benefit of the public or the students of U.C. Santa Barbara.
- Projects that seek to improve safe, low impact ACCESS to resources associated with the shoreline of UCSB.
- The CF supports the balance of environmentally sensitive habitat areas with the need for safe access areas.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Project must advance the Coastal Fund Mission and take place within the Santa Barbara watershed.
- Project must be overseen or sponsored by UCSB, a registered non-profit, or a government agency.
- Research Projects:
- Research proposals must have an applied research component whereby the results will have some significance to preserving or enhancing the coast.
- Project must meet 3 of the criteria below to be eligible:
- Project involves training undergraduate students in research techniques (internships).
- Project addresses a coastal issue (e.g. pollution) and benefits a greater community (not just individual graduate student work).
- Project educates a greater community about coastal preservation
- Project will be conducted on UCSB property or close proximity.
- Address the CF mission in preserving or enhancing the UCSB coast directly.
- Results can be used to enhance local coastal resources.
- Research Projects: Preference is given to applied research that focuses on conservation and protection of coastal areas and the development of solutions.
- Educational Projects: Priority given to programs that are directly applied, unique, and involve local issues.
- Although funds may be secured for oversight, Coastal Fund does not consider general staff compensation, with very rare exceptions.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Coastal Fund (CF) Grant - Major Funding by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.