Collaborative Awards in Science
Wellcome TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £4,000,000
Next deadline: Nov 12, 2019 9:00am PST (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Nov 21, 2019 9:00am PST (Letter of inquiry), Mar 27, 2020 10:00am PDT (Full proposal), Apr 30, 2020 9:00am PDT (Letter of inquiry), Jul 25, 2020 9:00am PDT (Full proposal), Aug 20, 2020 9:00am PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Research Scientist
Funding uses: Research, Biomedical
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Micronesia; Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Central African Republic; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The; Costa Rica; Cuba; Côte D'Ivoire; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guinea; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Ireland; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mayotte; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States Of; Mongolia; Montenegro; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Palau; Palestine, State of; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Romania; Rwanda; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent And The Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Serbia; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; United Kingdom; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Vietnam; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive.
We’re a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. We support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations, and spark debate.
We work to improve health by funding great ideas. Our funding schemes support individuals, teams, resources, seed ideas, places and major initiatives in these areas:
- biomedical science
- population health
- product development and applied research
- humanities and social science
- public engagement and creative industries.
Collaborative Awards in Science promote the development of new ideas and speed the pace of discovery. We fund teams of researchers, consisting of independent research groups, to work together on the most important scientific problems that can only be solved through collaborative efforts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Each applicant must be essential to the proposed collaborative research and have:
- Proven research expertise and experience in their field.
- An academic or research post (or equivalent).
- A salary for the duration of the award period.
- Members of the team must have proven experience in collaborative research and consist of independent research groups.
- Team size will depend on the proposed research, but should generally have more than two applicants, and no more than seven.
- Applicants should usually be based at eligible organisations in the UK, Republic of Ireland, or low- or middle-income countries.
- However, we can make exceptions for projects that need specific expertise or resources provided by team members based in other countries.
- Our support includes research expenses directly related to your proposal:
- materials and consumables
- access charges
- research management and support costs
- travel and subsistence
- overseas allowances
- fieldwork expenses
- inflation allowance
- publication costs
- clinical research costs
- other costs
- We don't fund on a proportion of full economic costs in UK universities.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Collaborative Awards in Science by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.