Collective Action for Re-Imagining Grant
Arts | Equity | ReimaginedSuggest an update
Deadline: May 6, 2021
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Art & Culture
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Artist
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Bedford County, Blair County, Butler County, Cambria County, Fayette County, Greene County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Somerset County, Washington County, Westmoreland County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Bedford County, Blair County, Butler County, Cambria County, Fayette County, Greene County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Somerset County, Washington County, Westmoreland County Show allView website Save
Collective Action for Re-Imagining
The Collective Action for Reimagining (CAR) program is a collaborative grant for innovative projects in the arts sector that address structural challenges instigated or exacerbated by the COVID-19 crisis, and other needs you identify as necessary for cultivating a stronger, healthier, and more equitable arts sector.
The creation of the Arts I Equity I Reimagined Fund has been driven by guiding principles developed by the COVID-19 Arts Working Group of funders (CAWG) themselves, when the crisis first hit the region in late March 2020. In summary, CAWG members have agreed to:
- Address and prioritize change with mutual accountability.
- Be action-oriented and transparent.
- Support a sustaining and equitable arts ecology.
- Envision a strong and healthy arts community.
- Holistically support the arts community.
Additionally, CAWG undertook an extensive review of research and best practices, on how the arts sector around the country has responded to the pandemic. It also engaged in an extended analysis of critical needs in this region, with a particular eye towards identifying gaps in service to arts organizations that serve people of color, LGBTQIA+ and independent artist populations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Arts I Equity I Reimagined grants will support arts and cultural organizations located in any of the following Pennsylvania counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland.
- Collaborations, partnerships or networks composed of two or more 501(c)3 arts organizations, artist-driven projects, and/or unincorporated arts collectives of any budget size are eligible to apply.