College for Life Sciences: Short-term Fellowships
Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Jan 7, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Must travel to: Germany
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- a stipend covering your prior salary, studio accommodation on the campus of the Wissenschaftskolleg in Berlin, and access to its library and IT services
- daily meetings and lively discussions with all Fellows
- weekly colloquia
- annually changing focus groups on contemporary scientific questions
- scientific exchange with the research community of Berlin, Germany and beyond
- the possibility to invite your scientists of interest to the Wissenschaftskolleg
- the possibility to organize workshops on scientific topics you are interested in and to invite related scientists
We invite Fellows for up to 6 months to work and live at the Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin during the academic year (September-July). The College is embedded in the regular Fellowship program and therefore officially starts in September, when all Fellows of the Wissenschaftskolleg arrive.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We invite applications from all life scientists who have obtained their Ph.D
- We foster postdoctoral fellows up to the level of lecturer, junior/assistant professors, and junior principal investigators working in all life science disciplines.
- There are no restrictions regarding life science discipline, nationality, or age.
- If you have been a principal investigator for longer than five years, though, you are advised to apply for a regular Fellowship at the Wissenschaftskolleg.
- Applications from scientists working at institutions in Berlin cannot be taken into consideration.
- We do not offer any lab space.
- However, you are strongly encouraged to develop interactions with the life science community in Berlin, to explore new laboratories, techniques, equipment, etc.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the College for Life Sciences: Short-term Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.