Carbon Offset Projects
Colorado Carbon FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: ColoradoView website Save
The Colorado Carbon Fund is a local non-profit whose primary mission is to provide the easy to use tools and funding necessary to reduce greenhouse gas emissions within our state. We focus exclusively on Colorado-based projects, business, and people to keep the local capital working to protect our beautiful mountains, wildlife, and communities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Colorado carbon offset projects must be registered with a verified carbon standard.
- They must also meet the following criteria to be considered for Colorado Carbon Fund support:
- All projects must be located in Colorado.
- Projects can be privately or publicly owned.
- Projects must reduce or remove emissions from one or more of the six greenhouse gases (including carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, hydrofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons, sulphur hexafluoride).
- Projects must reduce emissions at the site where they are implemented by reducing or displacing the use of fossil fuels.
- Projects must also demonstrate clear ownership of the emissions reductions, therefore projects that reduce or displace grid electricity are not considered because they result in indirect emission reductions which may cause ownership and double counting concerns
- Scalable. We only invest in projects and methodologies that have the potential to be replicated.
- Although the Colorado Carbon Fund is interested in a variety of clean technologies, we have a preference for projects related to the following:
- Soil Carbon
- Biosequestration (e.g. Holistic Land Management)
- Grasslands Preservation
- Anaerobic digestion
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Carbon Offset Projects by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.