Columbia Basin Trust Environmental Grants
Columbia Basin Trust
Grant amount: More than C $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 13, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This program helps support and strengthen environmental well-being.
A healthy environment is the foundation for a strong region. That’s why we partner with Basin residents and groups to help them develop and implement projects and initiatives that address environmental priorities. Our Environment Advisory Committee provides strategic advice to guide our support for environmental well-being in the Basin. Together, we work to conserve and enhance the natural assets of the region for the benefit of all.
Your project should address one of the following four goals.
- Enhance or conserve ecosystems and/or species of conservation concern.
- Reduce the threat of significant invasive species to terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
- Support adaptation to the impacts of climate change at community-wide or regional scales.
- Make long-term contributions to reducing greenhouse gas emissions at community-wide or regional scales.
- Support the protection, enhancement or restoration of water resources that are important for species and/or ecosystems of conservation concern.
- Carry out water quality and/or quantity research that is scientifically sound and can contribute knowledge the management of water resources for the benefit of ecosystems, communities and watershed stakeholders.
- Environmental Education
- Provide education to Basin residents of any age that helps develop an understanding and appreciation of the natural world and motivates ecologically informed decisions and actions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- You may apply if you represent a non-profit society, First Nation, local government, public organization or business.
- Your project must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
- If your organization is based outside the Basin, we will consider your project if it involves a significant partnership with a Basin community or organization.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Columbia Basin Trust Environmental Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.