Comerica Charitable Giving
Comerica Charitable Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $390,000
Next deadline: Sep 15, 2018
Later deadlines: Nov 15, 2018, Mar 15, 2019, Jun 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Arizona, California, Florida, Michigan, Texas
Location of residency: Arizona, California, Florida, Michigan, TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Comerica Charitable Giving
Comerica’s success is dependent upon helping people succeed. This vision shapes our approach to community investment and guides the framework of our charitable support and community partnerships. The Comerica Corporate Contributions program and Comerica Charitable Foundation work to support Comerica’s objectives to have a strong and positive image in the communities where we do business.
How we give
To support our communities, Comerica Bank and the Comerica Charitable Foundation support charitable 501(c)(3) organizations that align with our areas of giving focus.
Where we give
We support charitable organizations in Comerica's primary markets:
Why we give
- Enhance Comerica's commitment to community reinvestment
- Impact issues that are important to the company and our communities
- Respond to the diversity within the population and needs of each community
- Create pride and loyalty among Comerica employees
Comerica's Giving Focus
While all funding requests are worthwhile, Comerica Bank and the Comerica Charitable Foundation receive far more grant and sponsorship requests than can be supported. We focus support in our primary market areas of Texas, Michigan, California, Arizona and Florida. In addition, requests received from these areas are reviewed to determine if the goals of the requesting organization and/or the programs for which support is being requested, are in alignment with one or more of our giving priorities, which include:
For low-and moderate-income (LMI) individuals and families, including programs that support:
- Financial education (Pre-K through 12th grade and adult);
- Business-focused and STEM-related education; and
- College scholarships for business, finance and STEM-related fields.
Support for programs that promote and enhance opportunities for LMI families and communities through:
- Economic self-sufficiency;
- Job creation, training, readiness and retention;
- Neighborhood/community revitalization and business development;
- Small business training and development; and
- Affordable housing advocacy and development.
Programs that enhance and protect the health and well-being of LMI individuals and families, including:
- Transitional and supportive services and housing; and
- Feeding the hungry/food access.
Non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations may apply during any one of our four grant seasons for direct program or project support through the Comerica Charitable Foundation. The Foundation accepts applications for cash grants to support program expenses for nonprofit organizations located within our key market areas of Texas, Michigan, California, Arizona and Florida, and whose mission meets one or more of the Foundation’s giving priorities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Foundation Grants are provided to nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations to fund programs and/or projects
- The Comerica Charitable Foundation does not support the following:
- Political parties or political activities.
- Organizations whose primary service areas are outside of the United States.
- Recreational and athletic programs.
- Fraternal organizations (unless these groups have an open community-wide focused program not restricted to members of the group only).
- Endowment funds.
- Capital campaigns.
- Multiyear unconditional pledges.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Comerica Charitable Giving by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.