Committee for Aid and Education In Neurochemistry (CAEN) Grants: Category 2 (A&B)- Scientific Meetings
International Society for NeurochemistrySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $250 - US $2,000
Next deadline: Dec 31, 2019
Later deadlines: Apr 30, 2020, Aug 31, 2020
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The; Costa Rica; Cuba; Côte D'Ivoire; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic Of; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mayotte; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States Of; Moldova, Republic of; Mongolia; Montenegro; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Palestine, State of; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Romania; Rwanda; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent And The Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Serbia; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Tanzania, United Republic of; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Vietnam; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe Show all
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 8 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The International Society for Neurochemistry (ISN) is is a nonprofit membership organization and the only international society focused on neurochemtistry. With a proud history dating back to its establishment in 1965, ISN strives to promote all relevant aspects of molecular and cellular neuroscience.
The ISN CAEN pursues several initiatives intended to stimulate neurochemical research in economically deprived and developing countries.
CAEN provides funds towards travelling to another laboratory to develop new technical or conceptual expertise, purchasing research supplies, attending workshops/training courses/satellite meetings or organizing a workshop/small school.
Financial support from the CAEN schemes are typically given to scientists in the early stages of their careers (postdoctoral young investigators within 8 years of completing their PhD and Ph.D. students at the mid to final stages of their studies) who reside in countries with limited financial support for research in Neurochemistry (defined broadly as molecular and cellular neurobiology).
Category 2: Attending or Holding Scientific Meetings
2A: Travel awards for individuals to scientific meetings of ISN Sister Societies
Pprovide a limited number of travel awards to attend meetings of the ISN Sister Societies (i.e., ESN, APSN, ASN) when these meetings are not being held jointly with ISN.
Applications should be received prior to submission of the meeting abstract. Awards will generally be in the range of $250 - $1,500 (US dollars).
2B: Support for participation by individuals in scientific workshops/training courses/satellite meetings in developed or developing countries
Grants provide funds to support for those from eligible countries to attend scientific workshops/training courses/ satellite meetings in either a developed or developing country.
Awards will generally be in the range of $250 - $2,000 (US dollars).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications MUST be from individuals and not organisations
- Activities for which support is requested should be undertaken in the 4 months immediately following the relevant deadlines
- Applicants must be early stage career researchers or Ph.D. students
- Early stage career researchers are typically viewed as scientists who are within 8 years of completing their PhD.
- Applicants for CAEN funding MUST be active members of the ISN.
- To be eligible for funding, the meeting must not commence within 2 months of a CAEN committee deadline.
- This category is primarily intended for Ph.D. students (typically in the mid to latter part of their candidature) and early career researchers.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants for CAEN funding MUST be active members of the ISN. Only CAEN awardees who are current with their membership dues are eligible to receive the financial support.
- Applicants from countries listed here are ineligible to apply.
- Batch applications will not be accepted. Applications to scientific workshops will be judged on their individual merit. Each applicant should apply individually and not through a meeting organizer.
- 2A: Travel awards for individuals to scientific meetings of ISN Sister Societies
- Applications for travel to ISN biennial meetings or ISN-sponsored schools will not be considered by CAEN since such travel fellowships are reviewed by a separate ISN committee.
- 2B: Support for participation by individuals in scientific workshops/training courses/satellite meetings in developed or developing countries:
- Applications for attending a regular style meeting/conference (for example SFN, FENS) are NOT eligible.
- Moreover, applications for travel to ISN-sponsored schools will not be considered by CAEN since such travel fellowships are reviewed by a separate ISN committee.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Committee for Aid and Education In Neurochemistry (CAEN) Grants: Category 2 (A&B)- Scientific Meetings by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.