Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships: University Applicants
Commonwealth Scholarship CommissionSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £18,000
Deadline: Nov 4, 2020 4:00am PST
Applicant type: College / University
Funding uses: Scholarship, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save
Please note that these scholarships are for universities only and not for individual candidates.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships – UK university applications
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from low middle income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those unable to study in the UK for financial and other reasons. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Purpose: To contribute to development needs of certain Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas.
Intended beneficiaries: High-quality postgraduate students who wish to access training not available in their home countries, who wish or need to remain in their home country while they study, and who have the potential to enhance the development of their home countries with the knowledge and leadership skills they acquire.
These scholarships support distance learning Master’s degree courses offered in partnership with local providers in eligible countries, as well as courses delivered directly by UK universities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- UK universities are invited to apply for up to 15 Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships to be offered in the upcoming academic year.
- These scholarships support distance learning Master’s degree courses offered in partnership with local providers in eligible countries, as well as courses delivered directly by UK universities.
- Universities may submit an application for a single course, or for a cluster programme containing multiple courses, as long as these courses are within the same department or share similar objectives.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships: University Applicants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.