Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships: University Selection
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
Grant amount: Up to £18,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 27, 2018 3:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: College / University
Funding uses: Scholarship, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
Purpose: To contribute to development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas.
Intended beneficiaries: High-quality postgraduate students who wish to access training not available in their home countries, who wish or need to remain in their home country while they study, and who have the potential to enhance the development of their home countries with the knowledge and leadership skills they acquire.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships support courses offered in partnership with local providers in developing countries, as well as courses delivered directly by UK universities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The application cycle for Distance Learning Scholarships has three stages:
- The CSC invites expressions of interest from UK universities for Distance Learning Scholarship
- The CSC invites formal proposals from shortlisted universities, deciding which courses to select and how many scholarships to allocate to each cours
- The CSC selects candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships from a shortlist of candidates nominated by each university following its own recruitment process
- All expressions of interest must meet the CSC’s overall funding cap of £18,000 per scholarship.
- This figure must cover all elements of the award, including tuition fees, applicable partnership development costs, and a UK residential programme
- Expressions of interest must be supported by a letter from the university’s vice-chancellor.
- Candidates: Selected universities are required to conduct their own recruitment process to nominate a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships to the CSC.
- The university is responsible for ensuring its candidates meet the CSC’s eligibility criteria. To apply for these scholarships, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships may not be held concurrently for more than one course
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships: University Selection by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.