Commonwealth Medical Fellowships
Commonwealth Scholarship CommissionSuggest an update
Grant amount: £5,000 - £12,000
Deadline: May 13, 2020 8:00am PDT
Applicant type: Research Scientist Doctor
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: Bangladesh; Cameroon; Gambia; Ghana; India; Kenya; Malawi; Mozambique; Nigeria; Pakistan; Papua New Guinea; Rwanda; Samoa; Sierra Leone; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Tanzania, United Republic of; Uganda; Vanuatu; Zambia Show all
Location of citizenship: Bangladesh; Cameroon; Gambia; Ghana; India; Kenya; Malawi; Mozambique; Nigeria; Pakistan; Papua New Guinea; Rwanda; Samoa; Sierra Leone; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Tanzania, United Republic of; Uganda; Vanuatu; Zambia Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Your application must be submitted to and endorsed by the Dean of the Medical School which you have the academic appointment
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships are for mid-career medical staff from low and middle income countries, to enhance their clinical skills.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Medical Fellowships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Medical Fellowships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development. These fellowships are offered under one of the CSC’s six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
The CSC aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make change. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates. For further information on the support available to candidates with a disability, see the CSC disability support statement.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To apply for these fellowships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have an academic appointment in an eligible Commonwealth country at one of the medical schools by the World Directory of Medical Schools employed by a hospital affiliated to the Medical School where you have the academic appointment
- Be available to start your fellowship in the UK in January 2020
- Have qualified as a doctor before 1 October 2004
- Have qualified at a medical school recognised by the World Directory of Medical Schools
- Have met the English language requirements of the General Medical Council (GMC) within 2 months of being notified that you have been provisionally selected for an award
- Applications are encouraged from a diverse range of candidates.
- You will be expected to participate in clinical practice during your fellowship, and to register with the General Medical Council (GMC).
- If your proposed programme does not require this registration, your application will be considered ineligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Commonwealth Medical Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.