Commonwealth Scholarships for Undergraduate Study
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
Grant amount: Up to £60,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 15, 2018 3:59am PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Maldives, Saint Helena, SeychellesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the largest and most prestigious scholarship schemes for international study in the world. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
Commonwealth Scholarships for undergraduate study are offered only for citizens of four countries/territories where there is either no or only recently-established undergraduate degree provision.
Its purpose is to enhance individual teaching and research capacity leading to increased institutional capacity in academic and other sectors in Commonwealth countries, and to contribute to UK higher education and research by attracting high-calibre international candidates and encouraging links and collaboration.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/
- You must apply to your national nominating agency in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships.
- All applications must be made through your nominating body in your home country. You must check with your nominating body for their specific advice and rules for applying, their own eligibility criteria, and their own closing date for applications.The CSC does not impose any age limit on applicants, but nominating bodies may do so in line with their own priorities.
- Awards are made in respect of full-time study only and no other course of study may be undertaken at the same time.
- You must not undertake paid employment during your award without approval from the CSC in advance.
- The CSC will consider a request to extend your leave to remain in the UK after your award only if you wish to move from Master’s to PhD study. Strict conditions will apply.
- If applying to study medicine, you must have secured a place at a UK medical school by 31 October 2016.
- The CSC cannot accept nominations for these scholarships from other organisations or applications directly from individuals; such applications will not be acknowledged.
- Your award may be terminated at any time for reasons of unsatisfactory conduct, progress, or attendance, or if your registration is suspended or terminated by your university for any reason.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Commonwealth Scholarships for Undergraduate Study by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.