Community Arts Grants
Oshkosh Area Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: May 22, 2020
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Wisconsin: Fond du Lac County, Green Lake County, Waushara County, Winnebago County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Participation in arts and cultural activities enriches the lives of individuals, promotes interaction among residents, provides opportunities to deepen learning, and builds community across groups with diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
In order to support local arts programming, the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation annually applies for funds from the Wisconsin Arts Board. All funds received are matched with local community donations to the Fund for the Arts, and then re-granted to established arts organizations or nonprofit groups with an innovative arts program.
The Community Foundation is looking for projects that stimulate creative and innovative arts programming in our community. Proposed projects can be any artistic discipline or combination of artistic media. Priority will be given to innovative arts-related collaborations between arts groups, artists, venues, community groups, or area residents.
Eligible grant proposals will:
- Enhance local arts programming and arts educational opportunities.
- Involve an activity that is open to the public such as an exhibition, a performance, a workshop, a residency, a lecture/demonstration, or a publication. A fee for admission or publication may be charged.
- Not request grant funding exceeding 50% of the total project costs.
Examples of eligible activities include, but are not limited to:
- A theater presents multiple productions and educational programming throughout the year including residencies.
- A museum or gallery holds an exhibition or community arts event.
- A performing arts organization presents a dance, music, or theater performance.
- A community nonprofit group coordinates an arts-based community celebration, festival, or concert.
- A university department offers an annual art film and video festival for community and university audiences.
- A literary organization presents a series of poetry readings, a books festival, and/or produces a literary journal featuring local poets.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Tax-exempt organizations including charitable, scientific, social service, educational and religious organizations described in § 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code, as well as government agencies, are eligible to apply for grants.
- Organizations that are not public charities may apply through a fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations must serve residents of Winnebago County, Waushara County, Green Lake County, and/or the City of Ripon
- The following activities are not currently supported by Community Arts Grants:
- Grants to individual artists.
- Events or performances that serve primarily as fundraisers for an organization.
- Travel costs for projects or performances that occur outside of the greater Oshkosh area.
- Hospitality expenses, i.e. entertainment, refreshments or food at receptions, parties or gallery openings. (These may appear in your project budget but cannot be funded by Community Arts grant dollars.)
- Activities that have a religious purpose
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Arts Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.