Community Foundation of North Louisiana: Competitive Grants
The Community Foundation of North Louisiana
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $245,000
Next deadline: Nov 15, 2018 2:00pm PST (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Aug 21, 2019 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Louisiana: Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Through grants and strategic community initiatives, The Community Foundation invests in the work of effective nonprofit organizations to help transform our region.
The Community Foundation provides a variety of charitable funds and gift options to help our partners achieve their vision for a stronger, more vibrant community. By bringing together fund donors, their financial advisors and nonprofit agencies, the Foundation is a powerful catalyst for building charitable giving and effecting positive change in our area. The Foundation serves Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, DeSoto, Jackson, Lincoln, Morehouse, Natchitoches, Ouachita, Red River, Sabine, Union or Webster parishes.
The program or project must align with one of the following program areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Civic Engagement
- Economic Development
- Health & Science
- Human Services
The program may also align with one of the following United Way priority areas:
- Basic Needs
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants must have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code or be described as an appropriate beneficiary for a community foundation under the IRS Code.
- Organizations must have received their 501(c)(3) ruling letter from the IRS prior to applying to the Community Foundation for funding.
- The Community Foundation awards competitive grants for programs or projects that serve Caddo and/or Bossier Parishes.
- All grant dollars must be used exclusively for the local project or program for which the grant is requested.
- The Community Foundation provides program support, general operating support, and capital support.
- Organizations are strongly encouraged to submit only one application per grant cycle.
- However, the Foundation will accept up to two applications from organizations with annual revenue of less than $5 million and up to three applications from organizations with annual revenue is in excess of $5 million, per grant cycle.
- Requests from large organizations with many branches or departments (i.e. colleges, universities, school systems or units of government) must come through the President’s Office, Superintendent's Office, Mayor’s Office or its equivalent.
- New grant applications will not be considered from organizations that are past due in submitting their final grant evaluation reports to the Foundation.
- No part of the grant award may be sent to a divisional, regional or national umbrella group under which the applicant operates.
- The Foundation typically does not fund the following:
- Grants to annual fund drives or fundraisers
- Multi-year grants
- Grants for on-going programs for which there are no funds to replace the Foundation's funding
- Grants made for political or religious purposes.
- This does not preclude consideration of requests by congregation-affiliated or congregation supported organizations for education, health or human service projects operated on a non-sectarian basis.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Foundation of North Louisiana: Competitive Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.