DCNR Park Rehabilitation and Development Grants
Pennsylvania Department of Conservation & Natural Resources (DCNR)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Apr 10, 2020 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Pennsylvania
Location of residency: PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
These projects involve the rehabilitation and development of public parks, recreation facilities, greenways and river conservation projects.
Development Project Types
Park and Recreation Areas
Area of land for use as a neighborhood, community or regional public park and recreation site. Property may be programmed for active and/or passive recreation use to create new park and recreation areas and/or expand existing recreational sites.
- Community Park Rehabilitation and Development - These projects involve the rehabilitation and development of public indoor and/or outdoor park, recreation and conservation areas and facilities. All construction must be completed in accordance with the applicable federal, state and local laws, including the Uniform Construction Code (UCC) and the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design.
- Small Community Development - This funding type is to accommodate the needs of municipalities with populations of 5,000 or less based on the U.S. Census Bureau’s most recent Annual Population Estimates. Projects under this funding type include basic park, recreation and conservation areas and facilities, with a primary focus on playground rehabilitation to meet current safety and accessibility standards. Site amenities, such as site furniture, trash cans, picnic grills, landscaping, etc. are eligible for funding and will complement the required ADA access pathways connecting the funded playground area(s) to an ADA accessible parking area.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is an eligible applicant?
- Municipalities - Any county, city, borough, incorporated town, township or home rule municipality
- Municipal agencies - Any official agency created by a municipal government under the laws of the Commonwealth such as municipal authorities, Council of Governments (COG’s) and intergovernmental commissions.
- Pre-qualified land trusts - Non-profit conservation or preservation organizations, conservancies or land trusts that:
- Have a primary purpose of conservation and preservation of critical habitat, open space, parklands or natural areas for public benefit;
- Are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986;
- Are registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State, Bureau of Charitable Organizations;
- Have been in existence at least 5 consecutive years
- Appropriate/authorized organizations - A non-profit entity involved in research, restoration, rehabilitation, planning, land acquisition, development, education or other activities, which furthers the protection, enhancement, conservation, preservation or enjoyment of this Commonwealth’s environmental, conservation, recreation or similar resources.
- The organization (unless it is an educational institution) must be both tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, and
- registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State, Bureau of Charitable Organizations (BCO).
- All facilities/sites renovated or developed must serve a public purpose and help advance DCNR goals and priorities. Applicants are encouraged to re-invest in existing park and recreation facilities.
- All facilities/sites must be open for use by the general public.
- 50% match required.
- Priority under the small community program will be given to projects that primarily focus on playground rehabilitation designed to bring them in compliance with current safety and ADA accessibility standards.
- If a municipality applies for a Small Community Development grant, the applicant may not apply for a Park Rehabilitation and Development grant in the same funding cycle.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DCNR Park Rehabilitation and Development Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.