GMCF 2020 COVID-19 Recovery Fund Grant
Greater Manhattan Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Community Services Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Kansas: Pottawatomie County, Riley County
Location of residency: Counties in Kansas: Pottawatomie County, Riley CountyView website Save
About this funder:
The 2020 COVID-19 Recovery Fund at the Greater Manhattan Community Foundation has been established to receive donations to benefit those in the Manhattan area who are in great need as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. We know that the impact of the coronavirus will make it financially challenging for area non-profits and public agencies to meet the needs for recovery from this disastrous event. The 2020 COVID-19 Recovery Fund will focus on the short and long-term recovery of our neighbors and partners. The fund is able to accept contributions from individual donors, corporations and foundations.
When a disaster strikes, on average, 70% of donations are directed to immediate relief and a significantly smaller portion goes to recovery and rebuilding, a process that can take many years. Long after media attention has shifted, Greater Manhattan Community Foundation will provide support to address the significant long-term critical needs of our local nonprofits, public entities and individuals they serve.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Funding Parameters:
- These grants are for the most basic human needs as a result of COVID-19
- Should benefit Riley County residents that are most in need as a result of COVID-19
- for example; low-income, elderly, mental health patients; individuals experiencing difficulty paying bills due to COVID-19 related job loss
- Could benefit Manhattan area non-profits by supplying their needs (supplies needed as a result of COVID-19 in order for them to carry out their work and assist clients)
- The COVID-19 Recovery Fund will support non-profit organizations and public entities that have a defined role in short-term and long-term recovery efforts by providing critical services including things such as emergency food distribution, shelter and long-term housing, emotional and spiritual care, economic and rental assistance, education, healthcare, and more to survivors of the disaster.
- These non-profits and public entities will provide direct support to survivors and will need the capacity to grow their services to meet these needs.
- In addition, our non-profit organizations are in need of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in order to reopen their doors safely.
- Funds from the COVID-19 Recovery Fund will help purchase required PPE to make available at no charge to the various local non-profits.
- This fund will not pay salaries for employees of the non-profits .
- Funding will not be granted to agencies outside of the Riley County Kansas area.