Daviess County Community Foundation: Women’s Fund Grants Program
Community Foundation Alliance, Inc.
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 29, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Daviess County, Indiana
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Funding requests are accepted once each year according to our grant cycle. Funding requirements may change from year to year; therefore, grant seekers are advised to revisit this page prior to beginning the grant application process. During 2017, the Women’s Fund will award a single grant to support a project or program in Daviess County, Indiana.
We focus resources to local nonprofit, charitable organizations with programs addressing these priority areas:
Arts and Culture
Activities that strengthen the stability of arts organizations, make the arts accessible to low-income populations, enhance the understanding of all types of arts and humanities, and promote the appreciation or understanding of historical events.
Activities that foster civil rights, our society, advocacy, community improvement, capacity building, philanthropy, volunteerism, grantmaking, strong neighborhoods; that improve the effectiveness of government, public administration and public officials; that assess community needs; and that support the programs of leadership organizations.
Activities that improve the educational attainment of children and adults, both in and out of the classroom; that support formally constituted educational institutions and organizations or entities that administer or support these institutions; that support libraries and organizations whose primary purpose is to provide opportunities for supplementing and continuing education outside the framework of formal education institutions; and that support organizations which provide education-related services to students and schools.
Activities that improve and promote health outcomes; general and rehabilitative health services; mental health; crisis intervention; associations or services associated with specific diseases, disorders, and medical disciplines; and medical research.
Activities that maximize the functioning of special needs populations in mainstream society; that protect the public (crime and delinquency prevention, legal administration, legal services); that promote and support employment and jobs, food and nutrition, agriculture, housing and shelter, public safety, and disaster preparedness and relief; and that support child daycare programs, the United Way, YMCA, YWCA, firefighting activities, and programs of community centers.
Activities that foster pollution control and abatement, protection and conservation of natural resources, botanic and horticulture, environmental beautification, preservation of open spaces, environmental education and outdoor survival, protection and welfare of animals, humane societies, wildlife preservation and protection, veterinary services, zoos and aquariums, and specialty animal services.
Improving and promoting recreational and leisure activities, parks, and community sporting events and activities.
Activities that strengthen the family unit, help children grow and develop, foster youth sports and athletics, that support the Future Farmers of America or other youth development programs, Boys and Girls Clubs, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and scouting.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Women’s Fund of Daviess County welcomes funding requests from nonprofit organizations that are deemed tax-exempt under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, and from governmental agencies serving the county.
- Requests from nonprofit organizations not classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity may be considered provided the project is charitable and supports a community need.
- The nonprofit may be required to obtained a fiscal sponsor.
- Project Areas NOT Considered for Funding:
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political parties or campaigns
- Endowment creation or debt reduction
- Operating costs (Costs that keep the organization running and the doors open, i.e., general computer software or hardware, staff salary, general office supplies or equipment, utilities, etc.)
- Capital campaigns (Large capital projects that may take several years to complete where there is no defined area for use of the grant)
- Annual appeals or membership contributions
- Travel requests for groups or individuals such as bands, sports teams, or classes
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Daviess County Community Foundation: Women’s Fund Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.