CFECFL Community Grants Program
Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc.
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $20,000
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 1, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 15, 2018 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in New York: Chemung County, Steuben County
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Chemung County, Steuben CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Community Grants Program is an open, competitive program through which grants are made to nonprofit organizations residing in and serving the citizens of Chemung and Southeastern Steuben counties. Grants are made in the fall and range from $2,000 to $20,000. The average grant is $7,500. A panel of community members review and recommend grant awards to the Community Foundation’s Board of Directors. If your organization has never received a grant from the Community Foundation we strongly recommend speaking with the Director, Grants & Communications prior to submitting an application.
Guiding Principles for Grantmaking
- The Community Foundation builds community and inspires philanthropy. We support creative, effective and innovative programs in the areas of human services, arts and culture, education and youth, health, the environment and civic affairs. Successful projects will address community needs while demonstrating sustainable impact and measurable outcomes.
- We strive to create healthier conditions for people in our community by collectively improving and/or developing them together.
- Funded programs will provide clearly stated goals for the incorporation of diverse cultures, philosophies and experiences. Diversity is present not only in program delivery but also in the mission, boards, and operations of the organization
- The voices of the underserved and economically diverse are important, and programs designed to foster access for community connections are preferred.
Types of Projects Supported
The Community Foundation funds a wide variety of programs and projects across all program areas. Most grants, however, fall into three categories:
- Program or Direct Service Grants – for costs associated with implementation of the program
- Capital Grants – for costs related to building construction, building renovation or capital equipment
- Organizational Development and Capacity Building Grants - for costs related to activities such as strategic planning, board development, program planning, performance management and evaluation, succession planning or marketing and communications. Other organizational capacity areas under this category include business planning, fund development, facility planning and management systems (financial, HR, technology)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Registered 501(c)(3) organizations located in and serving the citizens of Chemung and/or Southeastern Steuben counties, New York.
- Proposals from faith-based organizations will only be considered if:
- service benefits all, regardless of religion;
- service provided is not religious in nature; and
- there is no proselytizing associated with the service.
- Organizations may submit one application for funding per grant cycle.
- The Community Foundation generally does not make grants from unrestricted funds for the following:
- Annual campaigns, special event fundraisers or sponsorships
- Religious purposes
- Political or partisan purposes
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made
- Trips for schools or clubs
- Deficit funding or debt retirement
- Individuals (except through scholarships for education)
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFECFL Community Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.