CFB: Competitive Grants
Community Foundation for BrevardSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 10, 2021 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Brevard County, Florida
Location of residency: Brevard County, FloridaView website Save
About this funder:
There’s something powerful about community charity. When channeled, the gifts of many residents can actively meet the most pressing needs of the community, whatever those needs are today, and whatever they may be tomorrow. By offering a competitive grantmaking process, we are able to glean valuable knowledge about our community and its ever-changing needs.
The Community Foundation for Brevard welcomes and encourages grant applications from tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations that address one or more of the following broad categories:
- Animal Welfare;
- Arts & Culture;
- Conservation & the Environment;
- Education Support;
- Housing, Food, and other basic needs;
- Health & Wellness (including recreational initiatives);
- Adult and Family Services;
- Organizational Capacity, Civic Engagement, Community Development; and
- Other (explain).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible Organizations:
- Nonprofit organizations with offices in Brevard County; legally chartered and registered in the State of Florida and in possession of a determination letter from the IRS declaring the organization a public charity, exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3);
- Organization must have a minimum two-years operating history after the date of receipt of its 501 (c)(3) classification; and
- Organizations that are entities of government (i.e. schools, libraries, etc.).
- Note: All entities must have governing board approval to apply.
- Only one grant application will be accepted by an organization.
- If your organization is a chapter/affiliate of a broader organization, you may submit one application per chapter/affiliate.
- Financials for each chapter/affiliate will be required.
- Generally, competitive grant awards will not be made for the following:
- Endowments or debt reduction;
- Normal administrative operational support;
- Annual fundraising or capital campaign;
- Event sponsorships and advertising;
- Sectarian purposes, except nonsectarian educational, health, or human service projects undertaken by faith-based organizations;
- Clubs, sports teams, cemeteries, or other services limited to a select membership;
- Political activities;
- Purposes or services outside of Brevard County;
- Public agencies for mandated services; or
- Scholarships or individual grants or awards.
- Applicants should be aware that grants for the cost of trips and/or conference attendance are not typically viewed as a committee priority.
- Ineligible Organizations:
- Nonprofit organizations that do not directly benefit Brevard County residents;
- Nonprofit organizations that have been operating as a recognized 501(c)3 for less than two (2) years from the date of grant application;
- Private Foundations; or
- Re-granting Organizations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFB: Competitive Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.