Community Foundation for the Alleghenies Grants
Community Foundation for the AllegheniesSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $5,000
Next deadline: Aug 30, 2019 8:59pm PDT
Later deadlines: Jan 25, 2020 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bedford County, Cambria County, Indiana County, Somerset County
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bedford County, Cambria County, Indiana County, Somerset CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Foundation funds the work of nonprofits through gifts to causes and organizations important to donors and competitive grantmaking to fund strategic change and impact in Bedford, Cambria, and Somerset counties, and certain specific areas of interest in Indiana County. Our mission is to serve the best interests of our donors in perpetuating their philanthropic interest in financially supporting our community, using the Foundation’s integrity, accountability, and community knowledge.
Grant Program Description
The Community Foundation for the Alleghenies' Distribution Committee awards grants twice annually. Grants are typically in the range of $500 - $5,000, but may vary.
Specific Fund Review Guidelines
In addition to being reviewed by our Distribution Committee, applications that serve the community of Meyersdale will also be reviewed by our FPL Energy Meyersdale Wind Power Fund committee for the potential of additional funding. This committee reviews applications for both our Spring and Fall Distribution Rounds.
Also, in addition to being reviewed by our Distribution Committee, applications that serve Somerset County will also be reviewed by our Somerset County Community Fund for the potential of additional grant funding during our Fall Round only.
Similarly, applications that serve the Portage community in Cambria County will also be reviewed by our Portage Funds Committee for the potential of additional grant funding during our Spring Round only.
Finally, applicants who serve Indiana County are welcome to apply for grants from our Bork Family Fund using this application, but those applications are only accepted during our Fall Round. Due dates for Fall and Spring applications are noted above.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible Applicants: Nonprofit organizations that serve Bedford, Cambria, and/or Somerset counties with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, governmental entities, volunteer fire companies with a 501(c)(4) status, and organizations that the IRS has determined to be tax-exempt as a church.
- Organizations are eligible to receive more than one grant in a calendar year.
- While the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies welcomes applications from any nonprofit organization whose proposed program reflects our mission, we also encourage applicants to submit proposals for scalable projects (those with per unit costs) or for specific components of a larger project.
- The following will not be funded:
- Activities that occurred prior to the beginning date of the grant
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Government entities for basic services
- Projects that discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or any veteran status.
- Grants may not be awarded retroactively for projects.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.