Community Foundation: Grants for the Environment
Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc.Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $20,000
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 1, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 15, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Chemung County, Steuben County
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Chemung County, Steuben CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Grants for the Environment is an open, competitive program through which grants are made to nonprofit organizations dedicated to protecting the physical environment of the region. Organizations residing in and serving the citizens of Chemung and Southeastern Steuben counties may apply for grants. Grants are made in both the fall and spring ranging from $2,000 to $20,000. The average grant is $7,500. A panel of community members review and recommend grant awards to the Community Foundation’s Board of Directors.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be recognized 501(c)(3) organizations located in and serving the citizens of Chemung and/or Southeastern Steuben* counties, New York.
- Proposals from faith-based organizations will only be considered if:
- service benefits all, regardless of religion;
- service provided is not religious in nature; and
- there is no proselytizing associated with the service.
- The Community Foundation generally does not make grants from unrestricted funds for the following:
- Annual campaigns, special event fundraisers or sponsorships
- Religious purposes
- Political or partisan purposes
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made
- Trips for schools or clubs
- Deficit funding or debt retirement
- Individuals (except through scholarships for education)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Foundation: Grants for the Environment by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.