Community Foundation: Keuka Area Fund Grant
Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc.
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Aug 21, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in New York: Steuben County, Yates County
Location of residency: New York, Counties in New York: Steuben County, Yates CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Keuka Area Fund at the Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes provides a vehicle for individuals, families, and businesses to invest in the residents of the communities surrounding Keuka Lake and to protect the physical environment of the region.
Guiding Principles For Grantmaking
- The Community Foundation builds community and inspires philanthropy. We support creative, effective and innovative programs in the areas of human services, arts and culture, education and youth, health, the environment and civic affairs. Successful projects will address community needs while demonstrating sustainable impact and measurable outcomes.
- We strive to create healthier conditions for people in our community by collectively improving and/or developing them together.
- Funded programs will provide clearly stated goals for the incorporation of diverse cultures, philosophies and experiences. Diversity is present not only in program delivery but also in the mission, boards, and operations of the organization
- The voices of the under served and economically diverse are important, and programs designed to foster access for community connections are preferred.
Types of Projects Supported
The Keuka Area Fund funds a wide variety of programs and projects across all program areas. Most grants, however, fall into three categories:
- Program or Direct Service Grants – for costs associated with implementation of the program
- Capital Grants – for costs related to building construction, building renovation or capital equipment
- Organizational Development and Capacity Building Grants - for costs related to activities such as strategic planning, board development, program planning, performance management and evaluation, succession planning or marketing and communications. Other organizational capacity areas under this category include business planning, fund development, facility planning and management systems (financial, HR, technology)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Keuka Area Fund supports a wide variety of projects but does restrict itself to organizations:
- located in or providing services to residents of Steuben County towns and villages of Bradford, Prattsburgh, Pulteney, Urbana, Wayne, Wheeler, and/or Yates County
- classified as nonprofit charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or publicly supported organizations such as school districts and municipalities
- who have submitted a grant evaluation for any completed program previously funded by the Community Foundation
- More on private schools and faith-based organizations - Characteristics of eligible grant funded programs include and must demonstrate that they are:
- open and accessible to the greater community
- open to all regardless of religious affiliation
- open and available to low-income or underserved students/participants
- The Keuka Area Fund, as a rule, does not make grants for:
- Annual campaigns, special event fundraisers or sponsorships
- Religious purposes
- Political or partisan purposes
- Loan reimbursements for capital projects already underway or completed
- Assistance to individuals
- Trips for schools or clubs
- Retroactive expenses or activities that occur before the Community Foundation’s decision deadline
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Foundation: Keuka Area Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.