Remy Fund for Pets and Animal Services
Community Foundation of Greater BirminghamSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: May 15, 2021
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $20,000
Fields of work: Animal Welfare - Domestic Animals & Pets
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Alabama: Blount County, Jefferson County, Shelby County, St. Clair County, Walker County
Location of residency: Counties in Alabama: Blount County, Jefferson County, Shelby County, St. Clair County, Walker CountyView website Save
About this funder:
Birmingham businessman and philanthropist Ken Jackson honored the memory of his late dog Remy, a Jack Russell- Shih Tzu mix, by establishing the Remy Fund for Pets and Animal Services at the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham
The Remy Fund for Pets and Animal Services is a special fund of the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham (CFGB) that considers grant requests from organizations with a mission or specific programs that involve traditional companion animals (cats, dogs, and horses).
Areas of priority are:
- rescue/shelter programs for traditional companion animals
- spay/neuter programs
- animal-assisted therapy programs involving traditional companion animals
- education and advocacy programs (promoting the humane and dignified treatment of traditional companion animals)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will be restricted to organizations classified as public charities under section 501(c)3 of the IRS code and based in, or serving, one or more of the following Alabama counties:
- Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, and Walker.
- Requests will be considered for general organizational support, although preference will be given to projects with clear goals and objectives.
- Capital projects will not be considered at this time.