Dorothy Prewitt Pohlman / AAUW Scholarship
Community Foundation of North Central WashingtonSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,800
Deadline: Mar 1, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Washington
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save
About this funder:
Dorothy Prewitt Pohlman was one of the founders of Wenatchee Valley College. As part of her legacy, she created this scholarship, which is administered by the Wenatchee branch of the American Association of University Women. The scholarship supports current or former female students from WVC who plan to continue on at a community college, four year college or university in Washington State to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
For the 2020 scholarship season an additional $1000 scholarship will be awarded in memory of former AAUW member, Joan Crowe. Because of her tireless work helping to develop the local AAUW diversity programs, Joan was named Volunteer of the Year by AAUW. Her friends and family know this scholarship would be an honor and a great joy to Joan.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants must:
- be a current or former female student at Wenatchee Valley College
- have completed a minimum of 60 cumulative credits at Wenatchee Valley College by Spring quarter (completion of an AA degree is not required)
- be accepted at a 4-year college, university OR community college in Washington state with plans to pursue a bachelor’s degree
- successful candidate(s) will be attending the 4-year school in the fall of 2016
- Renewal of scholarship is possible.
- Must reapply and compete with new applicants.
- Student must plan to start school in the Fall
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dorothy Prewitt Pohlman / AAUW Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.