Community Foundation of Richmond County Grant
Foundation for the CarolinasSuggest an update
Next anticipated deadline: Aug 21, 2020 9:00am PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Nov 6, 2020 9:00am PST, Feb 14, 2021 9:00am PST, Apr 17, 2021 9:00am PDT
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Community Health Education Health Facilities & Clinics Hospital Care Health & Medicine
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Government Entity, College / University, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Richmond County, North Carolina
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Note: When the cycle opens, applicants must contact the Board & Grants Specialist and ask to receive an invitation to apply. An automated email will be sent to you from the Online Grants Center when the cycle is open with further application instructions.
The Community Foundation of Richmond County (formerly Richmond Community Foundation) was created in 2001 following the sale of Richmond Memorial Hospital to FirstHealth of the Carolinas. Its purpose is to fund health-care related charitable needs in Richmond County. The grant program is designed to encourage innovation on the part of applicants and to ensure conscientious stewardship of funds on behalf of the Richmond County community.
Result and Investment Areas
The Community Foundation of Richmond County seeks grant applications that:
- Promote health and wellness;
- Support the provision of indigent care and Medicaid services;
- Support charitable projects assisting area hospitals and care providers;
- Support health education, testing and outreach to the public;
- Support health care research and scientific activities by hospitals and other health care providers; or
- Assist other charitable, educational and social welfare organizations in the conduct of similar activities.
A select number of proposals may be considered to assist other charitable, educational and social welfare organizations in the conduct of their activities in addition to those listed above.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants must be awarded to eligible organizations including 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, congregations, governmental and educational institutions for projects that will serve the residents of Richmond County, NC.
- If the organization conducting the project is not an eligible organization, a grant can be applied for under the fiscal sponsorship of an eligible organization.
- The most competitive applications often have at least one of the following characteristics:
- Demonstration project
- Program that would attract matching support
- One-time funding need
- Short-term project that is non-recurring and a special opportunity
- If successful, project will continue as a self-sustaining program
- The following areas are not generally funded by the Community Foundation of Richmond County:
- Ongoing operating budgets
- Endowment funds
- Grants to individuals
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”