Community Foundation of Richmond County Grant
Foundation for the Carolinas
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Aug 24, 2018 9:00am PDT
Later deadlines: Nov 16, 2018 9:00am PST, Feb 23, 2019 9:00am PST, Apr 13, 2019 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Richmond County, North Carolina
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: When the cycle opens, applicants must contact the Board & Grants Specialist and ask to receive an invitation to apply. An automated email will be sent to you from the Online Grants Center when the cycle is open with further application instructions.
The Community Foundation of Richmond County (formerly Richmond Community Foundation) was created in 2001 following the sale of Richmond Memorial Hospital to FirstHealth of the Carolinas. Its purpose is to fund health-care related charitable needs in Richmond County. The grant program is designed to encourage innovation on the part of applicants and to ensure conscientious stewardship of funds on behalf of the Richmond County community.
Result and Investment Areas
The Community Foundation of Richmond County seeks grant applications that:
- Promote health and wellness;
- Support the provision of indigent care and Medicaid services;
- Support charitable projects assisting area hospitals and care providers;
- Support health education, testing and outreach to the public;
- Support health care research and scientific activities by hospitals and other health care providers; or
- Assist other charitable, educational and social welfare organizations in the conduct of similar activities.
A select number of proposals may be considered to assist other charitable, educational and social welfare organizations in the conduct of their activities in addition to those listed above.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants must be awarded to eligible organizations including 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, congregations, governmental and educational institutions for projects that will serve the residents of Richmond County, NC.
- If the organization conducting the project is not an eligible organization, a grant can be applied for under the fiscal sponsorship of an eligible organization.
- The most competitive applications often have at least one of the following characteristics:
- Demonstration project
- Program that would attract matching support
- One-time funding need
- Short-term project that is non-recurring and a special opportunity
- If successful, project will continue as a self-sustaining program
- The following areas are not generally funded by the Community Foundation of Richmond County:
- Ongoing operating budgets
- Endowment funds
- Grants to individuals
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Foundation of Richmond County Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.