Community Foundation of West Alabama: Education Grant
Community Foundation of West Alabama
Grant amount: Up to US $500
Anticipated deadline: Nov 1, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Alabama: Bibb County, Fayette County, Greene County, Hale County, Lamar County, Marengo County, Pickens County, Sumter County, Tuscaloosa County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The requesting organization should:
- Demonstrate the expertise and experience necessary to accomplish the project
- Operate under sound financial principles
- Have a future funding plan
- Have a solid base of community and financial support to insure the future of the organization and program
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants may be made for the following charitable purposes:
- Arts and Humanities
- Children and Youth
- Elder Care
- Health & Medicine
- Social Welfare
- Applicants who are not successful in receiving funds should wait at least one year to reapply and should not reapply at that time unless the terms of the request have changed from the original request.
- In order to make the greatest impact with the funds available, we prefer requests that address a critical community need.
- Get at the root causes of a problem.
- Do not duplicate existing services unless they serve a population not already being served.
- Are pilot projects which, if successful, can be expanded to serve a wider population or be duplicated by other organizations.
- Involve collaboration and cooperation with other organizations and agencies.
- Include an effective mechanism for measuring the impact of The Community Foundation’s investment.
- We prefer requests for partial funding of projects rather than full support.
- Because we cannot provide ongoing support, plans for future funding are critical.
- We believe that sound and realistic financial planning must underlie any request.
- No grants are made to or for:
- Religious Organizations for religious purposes
- Dinners, Balls or other Ticketed Events
- Political Purposes
- Lobbying Activities
- Replacement of Government Grants or Funding
- Endowments or Other Discretionary Pools
- Ordinarily, we do not make grants for:
- Operating expenses unless they are for the initial stages of a pilot project
- Program expenses that occur on a regular basis (e.g. annual workshop series, regularly needed medical equipment or patient care)
- Regularly supported activities of fundraising organizations.
- Applicants will not be funded on an ongoing annual basis unless the terms of the grant specifically provide for multi-year funding.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Foundation of West Alabama: Education Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.