Community Foundation Small Grant
Community Foundation of Mount Vernon & Knox County
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next deadline: Jun 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Aug 1, 2018, Oct 1, 2018, Dec 1, 2018, Feb 1, 2019, Apr 1, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Knox County, Ohio
Location of residency: Knox County, OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- To improve the quality of life in Mount Vernon and Knox County through charitable giving;
- To provide a vehicle for donors of varied interests to support charitable and community activities;
- To assess and respond to emerging and changing community needs in the fields of :
- youth services;
- arts and culture;
- social services; and
- civic and community development.
- To develop a permanent endowment for the community, and to serve as a catalyst for the initiation of vital projects.
Applications (up to $5,000) are invited 6 times a year and must be received by February 1st, April 1st, June 1st, August 1st, October 1st, and December 1st for consideration at the end of each corresponding month. Applicants are encouraged to apply for funding earlier in the year as more of the funding pool will be available at that time. The Small Grant application consists of a three-page form and a few pages of supporting documentation.
The Foundation seeks to maximize its impact in the community and has adopted the following strategic priorities to guide its grantmaking. Proposals that address one or more of these priorities have a greater likelihood of receiving funding. They are listed here in no particular order of importance.
- A pilot project which can serve as a model of excellence in the community;
- A project which proposes a creative solution to an identified, but unmet need, in the
- A project or program which encourages volunteer involvement;
- A project that is a collaborative effort among nonprofit organizations in the community and will eliminate duplication of services;
- A project which is likely to make a clear difference in the quality of life for a substantial number of people; or
- A project which promotes economic vitality in the community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are made to tax-exempt private agencies classified as 501(c)(3) organizations, and to public charities as defined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Public schools, governmental entities and Knox County colleges and universities are also eligible to apply for Foundation grants.
- The Foundation prefers to support projects in which it is a funding partner, rather than the sole funding source.
- Applicants are strongly urged to include some degree of match funding in their proposals, and Foundation grants should be the final dollars committed to a project.
- An additional factor in considering an award is an organization’s demonstrated ability to sustain the project, if applicable, when Foundation funding has ended.
- Certain projects and organizations are generally not eligible for funding, including but not limited to:
- Grants to individuals or projects where facilities or equipment of non-qualifying entities are improved or benefitted;
- Routine operating or payroll expenses;
- Projects/Programs that are restricted to members of a particular faith community or promote a specific religious doctrine;
- Purchase of computers, unless proven to be used solely for the project/program;
- Paying off existing obligations, debts or liabilities;
- Travel (when it is the proposal’s primary focus);
- Projects which have been completed prior to allocations decisions;
- Organizations that do not operate programs in Knox County, or for the benefit of Knox County residents; nor
- Political campaigns.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Foundation Small Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.