Community Fund Grant
Unity Foundation of La Porte CountySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $3,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 26, 2020 9:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: LaPorte County, Indiana
Location of residency: LaPorte County, IndianaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
What Is Unity Foundation?
Since 1992, Unity Foundation of La Porte County has served donors, nonprofits and local communities. As La Porte County’s community foundation, it manages more than $30 million in assets, administers more than 325 charitable funds, and has distributed approximately $16 million through direct grants and scholarships. The Council on Foundations has deemed Unity Foundation in compliance with all Indiana and national ethical and operating standards for community foundations. Unity Foundation’s mission is to strengthen La Porte County now and forever by building permanent endowments; providing leadership; offering philanthropic vehicles for everyone; and, being a catalyst for social and economic vitality.
What is a Community Grant?
The Unity Foundation Power for Good Fund was established to be responsive to local needs. This fund is permanent and only the earnings are spent each year. Because the fund is permanently endowed, these grants will be available to sustain our local efforts for generations to come. In 2017, we awarded over $137,000 to worthwhile projects and programs in the arts, the environment, health and human services, education, and community development through the Community Fund Grant process.
What is the Unity Foundation interested in funding?
As Unity Foundation embraces the future of serving La Porte County, the Grant Making Committee encourages submission of innovative projects. Many good repetitive projects have been supported over the years, but the preference for 2018 is to seek out new concepts that will further enhance the quality of life and strengthen our county. Further considerations include:
- Issues not adequately being serviced by existing community resources
- One-time projects or needs;
- Projects that provide leverage for generating other funds and community resources;
- Projects that facilitate cooperation and collaboration between organizations and the communities within La Porte County.
How Much Can Be Requested?
Requests should be at least $500 and no more than $3,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Generally, only charitable organizations with verifiable 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, and operating or offering programs in La Porte County, Indiana, will be considered.
- Start-up or ad hoc organizations may not yet have obtained 501(c)(3) status.
- If that is the case, we suggest you find an organization to "host" the project or program and have them request funds with you.
- Churches may request funds for non-sectarian purposes only, such as community programs/projects.
- Governmental bodies, such as townships and fire districts, as well as educational institutions, are also eligible; however, please note the additional restrictions for those organizations under General Grant Making Policies.
- No grants will be made to churches for sectarian religious programs.
- No grants will be made for operating budgets or for basic municipal or educational functions and services.
- No grants will be made for endowment campaigns or for previously incurred debts.
- No grants will be made to provide long-term funding.
- No grants will be made for post-event or after-the-fact situations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.