Community Giving (Locations except New Jersey)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Senior Services Environmental Education Homelessness Services Food Access & Hunger Health Disparities & Social Determinants of Health Health Care Access & Delivery Wellness & Healthy Living Show all
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: San Mateo County, California, New Haven County, Connecticut, Counties in Massachusetts: Middlesex County, Worcester County, Onondaga County, New York, King County, Washington Show all
Location of residency: San Mateo County, California, New Haven County, Connecticut, Counties in Massachusetts: Middlesex County, Worcester County, Onondaga County, New York, King County, Washington Show all
Supporting Our Communities
We care deeply about the communities where we live and work. That’s why we support programs and organizations that address unmet medical needs, help students grow through STEM education, and deliver basic human services to our neighbors.
For all community giving applications, we strongly urge you to submit your application at least 12 weeks in advance of the date of required funding
Addressing Unmet Needs
Each year, we work with nonprofit partners to improve access to treatment, eliminate health disparities and promote healthy lifestyles throughout our communities.
Neighbors help neighbors. Together with our nonprofit partners, Bristol-Myers Squibb works to improve access to treatment and eliminate health disparities for those that live in and around the communities we also call home. Working with our nonprofit partners, we’re able to provide programs that address the health challenges of our underserved citizens.
Improving Science Education
Because today’s students will discover tomorrow’s medicines, we’re committed to improving science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) studies in schools and community organizations.
Science and technology are at the core of everything we do. We're always eager to open young minds to the exciting possibilities of both. Through grants and other programs, we've introduced students to genetics, robotics, engineering, alternative energy, and environmental science. Our employees also serve on advisory boards at career academies and two- and four-year colleges.
We're improving science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education in the communities where our employees work and live.
Helping People In Need
Through philanthropy, volunteerism and partnerships, we provide essential human needs to the our hungry, homeless, elderly and underserved citizens.
- Feeding the Hungry: Bristol-Myers Squibb provides volunteer and financial support to groups that help feed families.
- Fighting Homelessness: Bristol-Myers Squibb is proud to assist a number of organizations working to provide shelter and other necessities to those suffering from homelessness
- A Helping Hand for the Elderly and Homebound: With limited mobility and financial resources, elderly people that live alone often require help with the simplest tasks of daily lif
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Our Community Giving Program accepts applications from IRS-qualified 501 (c)(3) non-profit organizations whose mission and programs are consistent with our areas of philanthropic interest, and which serve communities in the United States where our employees live and work.
- Tax-exempt organizations including hospitals, government institutions and schools that serve our local communities also may apply.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb accepts community giving requests from organizations located near these locations in the continental United States:
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Devens, Massachusetts
- New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Lawrenceville, New Jersey
- Princeton, New Jersey
- Redwood City, California
- San Diego, California
- Seattle, Washington
- Tampa, Florida
- West Windsor, New Jersey
- The Community Giving program gives preference to requests to support programs that will have a direct impact on our communities rather than fundraising galas and other requests for general assistance.
- We do not support these types of requests and organizations:
- Funding to support a specific individual’s scholarship, fellowship or fundraising goals. We only accept requests from organizations.
- Wish-granting campaigns
- Salaries for health care providers or administrative staff
- Political, lobbying, fraternal or social organizations
- Religious organizations whose activities are primarily sectarian in purpose
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis or race, gender, creed, culture, age, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation, or status as a military veteran
- Loans or "life line" support for general operating expenses
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”