CFCM: Community Support Grants
Community Foundation of Central Missouri
Grant amount: US $500 - US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Aug 31, 2019 9:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit Public College / University Public Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in Missouri: Adair County, Audrain County, Boone County, Callaway County, Cole County, Cooper County, Howard County, Macon County, Moniteau County, Randolph County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Missouri: Adair County, Audrain County, Boone County, Callaway County, Cole County, Cooper County, Howard County, Macon County, Moniteau County, Randolph County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of the Community Foundation of Central Missouri is to improve lives in our communities by promoting private giving for public good. Since its beginning in 2010, the Community Foundation of Central Missouri (CFCM) has become an expert in listening and responding to community needs by providing creative charitable solutions and resources.
CFCM has prioritized funding to address many community needs. While the CFCM’s numerous donor and/or organization funds have their own mission and granting goals, the Community Granting Fund is the name of CFCM’s unrestricted fund, from which the Community Foundation board of directors distributes to chosen nonprofit agencies in central Missouri (Adair, Audrain, Boone, Callaway, Cole, Cooper, Howard, Macon, Moniteau, and Randolph counties).
The Community Foundation of Central Missouri wishes to partner with nonprofits that share our vision and passion for improving lives of central Missouri residents. We consider our grants to be community investments, and look for an “improved lives” return on the investments we make.
We want to help start promising programs, support collaborations, and leverage additional funding and resources to make grants in central Missouri that make a positive difference. CFCM gives first priority to proposals that address one or more of the following concerns— they are not listed in ranked order, as they are all equal in weight to CFCM:
- planned-giving and development support for nonprofits (fund raising software, temporary personnel, fund raising materials, etc.)
- human capacity development, especially for disadvantaged persons (equal opportunity, poverty reduction, schools, library, affordable housing, work force training, diversity training, etc.)
- senior adult services (transportation, delivery, health/respite care, home care, etc.)
- arts (dance, theater, music, visual arts, literary arts, etc.)
- environmental sustainability and public spaces (environment, recycling, food production—farmer’s markets, public transportation, parks, trails, conservation, neighborhoods, recreation, aesthetics, etc.)
- economic and public development (nonprofit efforts to spur local economies, projects to retain young families in smaller communities, etc.)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations may apply for grant support from the Community Granting Fund of
the Community Foundation of Central Missouri if they meet either of the following criteria:
- are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and currently serve, or propose to serve, persons or communities in central Missouri (see County list above), or
- are units of local government or public education institutions or IRS qualifying civic organizations for charitable purposes located in central Missouri.
- No grants will be made to individuals, political parties, candidates, or political activities.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFCM: Community Support Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.