Community Grants Program – Unrestricted Grants
New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Next deadline: Aug 2, 2018 2:00pm PDT (Pre proposal)
Later deadlines: Sep 28, 2018 2:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: New Hampshire, York County, Maine, Counties in Vermont: Caledonia County, Orange County, Windsor County
Location of residency: Maine, New Hampshire, VermontView website Save Need help writing this grant?
New Hampshire's nonprofit organizations help make New Hampshire a great place to live.
Through our competitive grant programs, we fund programs and operations of qualified nonprofits working in the areas of health and well-being, civic engagement, education, economic development, environmental protection and arts and culture.
We also make grants to nonprofit partners working in specific areas of strategic Foundation priorities – like fighting substance use disorders and increasing youth opportunity.
Community Grants Program - Operating Grants
This competitive grants program awards unrestricted grants that support an organization’s general operations as a whole rather than a particular project or capacity-building effort.
Strong applications should demonstrate the following:
- Consistent program results or other accomplishments in furtherance of the organization’s mission
- Solid strategic plan, with clearly linked priority goals and activities for the requested grant period
- Strong staff leadership
- An engaged board that provides direction in governance and strategic direction and is actively involved in fundraising
- Sound fiscal policy, including diverse funding sources
- $5,000 – $20,000 for organizations serving one region
- $5,000 – $25,000 for statewide organizations (serving more than two regions)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Geographic focus
- Organizations serving New Hampshire and selected communities in Maine and Vermont within the Foundation’s eight regions:
- Organizations that serve multiple states should contact us before applying.
- Must be recognized as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- In general, organizations are eligible for one grant per calendar year from the Foundation’s Community Grants Program (including operating, project and express grants.)
- Additionally, organizations applying must have:
- A board-approved strategic plan that covers the entire grant period
- CPA-audited or reviewed financial statements
- One hundred percent participation by board members in making a financial contribution to the organization
- Completion of an organizational self-assessment
- This program does not fund
- Religious programs (although faith-based organizations are welcome to apply for non-religious programs)
- Deficit reduction or expenses already incurred
- Capital campaigns or land acquisition
- Programs that are typically the responsibility of federal, state, or municipal funding
- Academic research
- Programs that re-grant funds to others
- Project proposals that have been declined by the Foundation more than once.
- Grants to individuals
- Multiple grant proposals from the same organization for the Community Grants Program (project, operating, or express grants) in the same calendar year.
- Substance use disorder prevention, treatment or recovery supports services.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Grants Program – Unrestricted Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.