Community Action Grants - Salisbury, MD & Lancaster, OH
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Next deadline: Aug 17, 2018
Later deadlines: Feb 16, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Wicomico County, Maryland, Fairfield County, Ohio
Location of residency: Wicomico County, Maryland, Fairfield County, OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Gannett Foundation is a corporate foundation sponsored by Gannett Co., Inc. Through its Community Grant Program, Gannett Foundation supports nonprofit activities in the communities in which Gannett does business.
The Gannett Foundation supports local organizations in communities served Gannett Co., Inc.
Our community action grant priorities include:
- education and neighborhood improvement,
- economic development,
- youth development,
- community problem-solving,
- assistance to disadvantaged people,
- environmental conservation, and
- cultural enrichment.
Our services areas with the above deadline only:
- Salisbury, MD & Lancaster, OH
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We must make all grants to IRS code §501(c)(3) public charities.
- Like many donors, we receive many more requests than we can fund. As a result, grants will not be considered for the following purposes:
- private foundations
- organizations not determined by the IRS to be a tax-exempt public charity under §501(c)(3)
- organizations classified by the IRS as 509(a)(3)
- national or regional organizations unless their programs address specific local community needs
- programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- elementary or secondary schools (except to provide special initiatives or programs not provided by regular school budgets)
- political action or legislative advocacy groups
- endowment funds
- multiple-year pledge campaigns
- medical or research organizations, including organizations funding single disease research
- organizations located in or benefiting nations other than the US and its territories
- fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands, volunteer firefighters or similar groups
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Action Grants - Salisbury, MD & Lancaster, OH by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.