Community Needs Grant: Arts & Culture, Education, Environment
DuPage Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Deadline: Sep 7, 2018 3:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: DuPage County, Illinois
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- Arts and Culture
Grant Application Options
Applicants may apply for a Community Needs grant by submitting one of the following applications:
- Community Needs Mini-Grant Application - for requests up to $2,500
- Community Needs Grant Application - for requests up to $20,000
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications to the Community Needs Grant Program will be accepted from not-for-profit charitable organizations that:
- Are public charities classified as exempt from federal income taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Primarily serve DuPage County residents
- Only one application per organization may be submitted within any calendar year.
- Applications may be submitted for existing or new projects, programs or operating purposes.
- Grants are awarded for a one-year period.
- In the environment category, importance will be placed on organizations that effectively address current and future environmental needs/issues in DuPage County through improvement of existing or development of new programs, educational outreach, and collaborative efforts.
- In the Arts & Culture and Education categories, importance will be placed on organizations which deliver effective existing programs to assist underserved populations, offer new approaches to solving problems, or create opportunities for organizations to collaborate.
- The Foundation does not award grants from the Community Needs Grant Program to:
- Organizations which have received grants through the Community Needs or General Grant Program for the past three consecutive years
- Organizations which have operated as a 501(c)(3) for less than three years
- Support religious activities (secular activities provided by religious organizations may be eligible for grant funds)
- Disease-specific organizations
- Private foundations and private operating foundations
- Hospitals, including supporting foundations
- Historical societies and foundations for projects that do not have a broad reach beyond a specific community
- Food pantries for the purchase of food (equipment and other programs provided by food pantries are eligible for grant funds)
- Governmental agencies, including supporting foundations
- Public, parochial, private or charter schools (pre-k through 12th grade), including supporting foundations
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Needs Grant: Arts & Culture, Education, Environment by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.