Community Outdoor Outreach Program (CO-OP) Grant
Texas Parks and Wildlife DepartmentSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Texas
Location of residency: TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's mission is to manage and conserve the natural and cultural resources of Texas and to provide hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation opportunities for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
The Community Outdoor Outreach Program (CO-OP) grant provides funding to local governments and non-profit organizations for programming that introduces under-served populations to environmental and conservation programs as well as TPWD mission oriented outdoor activities.
The success of this program lies in the partnerships created between TPWD and grass-roots organizations who have already established a relationship with these identified targeted audiences; females, physically/mentally challenged, ethnic minorities, low income and youth.
What We Fund
This is a reimbursement grant program. Recipients must purchase eligible items and submit proper documentation before being reimbursed. Eligible organizations can apply to use these funds for programming expenses such as equipment, leasing transportation, staff, liability insurance, food, program materials, etc.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who We Fund:
- Grants are available to tax-exempt organizations and local governments introducing non-traditional constituents to TPWD related outdoor recreation, conservation and environmental education programs.
- Matching funds are not required, however points are awarded based on documented applicant contributions to the project.
- Funds cannot be used for facility construction projects, gazebos, ponds, benches, trail building, etc.
- The CO-OP grant is to be used to fund programs, not construction projects.
- Training and research programs only will not be funded.
- Funds cannot be used to pay indirect/overhead expenses.
- CO-OP funds cannot be used for vegetable gardens and agriculture projects.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Outdoor Outreach Program (CO-OP) Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.