Youth Development Grant
Bader PhilanthropiesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $40,000
Next deadline: Jan 7, 2020 (Pre proposal)
Later deadlines: Feb 15, 2020 (Full proposal), Jul 22, 2020 (Pre proposal), Aug 19, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Youth Development: Enriching the Mind, Body, and Character of our Future
The African proverb, “It takes a village to raise a child,” is a universal phrase that parents, educators and perhaps, even young people can understand at some level. Children of all ages develop, learn and play in the company of their parents, peers and other adults such as teachers, grandparents, neighbors and mentors. And, life is moving at a rapid pace filled with more demands for our time and attention which makes the presence of a village ever so important in a child’s life.
The Need: Meeting Basic Unmet Needs
Childhood experiences can have a tremendous, lifelong impact on one’s health and quality of life. To reach their full potential, youth need safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments. Bader Philanthropies supports organizations that serve as catalysts for change and healing in the lives of youth by addressing their most basic needs.
Our Approach: Promoting Physical and Mental Agility for Lifelong Success
Youth Development has three key strategies:
- Supportive and preventative services for youth who are facing homelessness, hunger, health/dental issues, trauma and special needs
Extended Learning Opportunities:
- Quality programs that support school-age youth, teens and young adults 18-24 during the school-year and in the summer months, with an emphasis on:
- Academic Support
- Programs that have an overall focus on the character and or professional development of youth, offered throughout the year that involve one or more of the following key components:
These strategies provide a framework for meeting the overall wellness of Milwaukee’s youth and ensuring they can develop into vital assets in our community.
Our Impact: Realizing the Full Potential of Each Child
Research shows that when a children’s overall wellness is tended to, they can fully benefit from education, extended learning opportunities and other life preparedness programs. Youth Development organizations throughout Milwaukee are on the frontlines addressing basic needs and creating opportunities for youth to grow themselves. Through their blended or focused approaches, organizations are creating access to dental exams; teaching children the power of being a part of a team through sports and connecting young people with “real life” job experiences.
A Strong Infrastructure is Key
Our Youth Development partners touch the lives of children in nearly every neighborhood. They are implementing national models that have worked in similar size cities, using evidence-based programs or trying new techniques through small-scale pilots. While the approaches may be different, each organization has or is building a strong organizational infrastructure.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Bader Philanthropies seeks grant proposals in specific program areas within certain geographic boundaries:
- Youth Development – City of Milwaukee
- Grants are given only to U.S. organizations that are tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or to government entities.
- Although there are many worthy projects and programs doing great work, we generally do not provide funding to organizations that fall outside of our defined program areas.
- We also cannot provide direct support to individuals, including individual scholarships.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Youth Development Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.