CSX Charitable Investments- Community Service Grants
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Community Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity, College / University
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Alabama, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia (US state), Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin Show all
Location of residency: Alabama, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia (US state), Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin Show all
At CSX we are committed to serving our customers day in and day out and providing local communities with what they need, when they need it. And, we are proud of what we do.
This is why we are proud to extend our commitment to service, from our customers to our communities and our country, by serving those who serve. Many of the communities we touch have high concentrations of military families, and we have deep connections to and gratitude for the first responders in and around all of the areas in which we operate.
CSX Community Service Grants
CSX Community Service Grants assist organizations that make a strong, quantifiable impact on their greater communities. Applications are accepted online throughout the year. Every effort will be made to respond to applications within 30–45 days. Remaining applications are automatically closed after 90 days.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To apply for a Community Service grant, an organization must qualify under one of the following charitable criteria:
- It qualifies by possessing tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as listed in the IRS Master File of organizations conducting activities in the United States.
- It qualifies as a state, county or municipal government entity, including law enforcement and fire rescue departments, and seeks funding to serve the needs of the community at large.
- It qualifies as a pre-K–12 school, charter school, community/junior college, or college/university.
- CSX grants do not support the following:
- Telephone/mail solicitations (U.S. mail and email)
- Organizations outside of CSX’s service network
- Religious organizations not registered with the IRS
- Organizations that discriminate (based on race, religion, gender or sexual orientation)
- Political candidates or lobbying organizations
- Limited constituency organizations/clubs
- Individuals, conferences, travel
- Anti-business groups or controversial organizations
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”