Community Strategies Grant
Innovia FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $30,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2021
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Capital Project, Training / Capacity Building, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Idaho: Benewah County, Bonner County, Boundary County, Clearwater County, Idaho County, Kootenai County, Latah County, Lewis County, Nez Perce County, Shoshone County, Counties in Washington: Adams County, Asotin County, Columbia County, Ferry County, Garfield County, Lincoln County, Pend Oreille County, Spokane County, Stevens County, Whitman County Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Idaho: Benewah County, Bonner County, Boundary County, Clearwater County, Idaho County, Kootenai County, Latah County, Lewis County, Nez Perce County, Shoshone County, Counties in Washington: Adams County, Asotin County, Columbia County, Ferry County, Garfield County, Lincoln County, Pend Oreille County, Spokane County, Stevens County, Whitman County Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Community Strategies FY2020 Round 1: We are suspending the FY2020 Round 1 Community Strategies grant program. We anticipate opening our next responsive grant round in January 2020.
The Community Strategies Grant Program is comprised of more than 90 funds established by donors that have given Innovia Foundation the flexibility to make funding decisions that accommodate changing needs and capitalize on timely and compelling opportunities in our region.
Program types accepted
- Program/Project Support
- Capacity Building
Applications should address one of our impact areas:
Education and youth development
- Promoting success through education
- Quality education has the power to change lives. We open doors to success for children and adults by ensuring they receive the education and support they need to learn, grow and thrive for a lifetime.
- Education for a lifetime
- Innovia Foundation supports nonprofit organizations providing access to learning opportunities for all ages – from early childhood reading programs to college campus site visits for first generation college students.
Arts and culture
- Creating vibrant and accessible cultural and enrichment experiences for all
- The arts bring creativity and joy to our communities. We look for ways to create vibrant and accessible cultural and enrichment experiences for all.
- Connecting community through the arts.
- From rural community theaters to the Spokane Symphony, Innovia Foundation partners with nonprofit organizations that support the arts as economic drivers, educational assets, civic catalysts and bridges between cultures.
- Catalyzing innovation and collaboration to support and strengthen our economy
- Economic opportunity opens the door to a brighter and more sustainable future for individuals, families and entire communities. We catalyze innovation and collaboration to support and strengthen our economy.
- Partnering for prosperity.
- Whether it’s providing job skills training for refugees or developing a commercial kitchen for local entrepreneurs, Innovia Foundation works with nonprofit partners to build prosperity for local families, businesses and communities.
Health and wellbeing
- Helping people live healthier, happier lives
- Healthy individuals make up a healthy community. We strive to ensure everyone’s basic needs are met, and we look for areas where we can help people live healthier, happier lives.
- Good health for all
- Conditions in the places where people live, learn, work and play affect a wide range of health risks and outcomes. Innovia Foundation partners with nonprofit organizations to improve these conditions, known as social determinants of health, and promote good health for all.
Quality of life
- Protecting and improving what makes our part of the world special
- We love living in our region and are passionate about protecting and preserving the spaces, places and environments that make our part of the world so special
- Creating a sense of place.
- A well-planned community is rich with spaces that foster a sense of connectedness and belonging. Whether these are busy meeting spaces, like public parks and libraries, or remote walking trails meandering through a land conservation project, Innovia Foundation partners with nonprofits to make sure these spaces exist today and for future generations
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Public charity with tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or federally recognized tribe.
- Under certain circumstances, applications from public entities such as school districts, municipalities or unincorporated groups or associations may be considered.
- In all cases, the applicant organization/program must have a clear charitable purpose.
- Innovia Foundation competitive are awarded to organizations providing services within the 20-county region served by the Foundation.
- Requests from locally based organizations are given preference over organizations whose center of operations and/or governance is located outside of our 20-county region.
- Should you choose to submit an application, you must specifically address how the requested funding will benefit Innovia Foundation service areas and how you will ensure that Innovia Foundation funds will not be used outside our service area.
- Applicants cannot have any delinquent reports for previous grants awarded through all Innovia Foundation’s grant programs.\
- Our programs generally do not provide support for:
- Academic or scientific research
- Debt retirement, operating deficits or after-the-fact support
- Direct or grassroots lobbying
- Expenses, including travel expenses to attend conferences, workshops, events or symposia, unless part of a broader capacity building request that improves the organization’s ability to deliver services.
- Publications, radio, video or film production
- Public, private or parochial education institutions (including their foundations) except in special circumstances when support is essential to programs/projects that meet community needs and are not considered standard educational services
- Replacement of lost/expired government funding
- Programs addressing specific diseases or health conditions or other special-interest organizations, except when such support significantly benefits the disadvantaged.
- One-time fundraising events or fundraising campaigns
- Chambers of commerce
- Fraternal organizations
- Organizations or projects that unlawfully discriminate with regard to employees, volunteers, delivery of programs or services, or clients served based on age, sex, religion/creed, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, military or veterans status, pregnancy or genetic information
- Hospitals (including their foundations) except in special circumstances when support is essential to programs/projects that meet community needs
- Universities (including their foundations) except in special circumstances when support is essential to programs/projects that meet community needs
- Governmental agencies except in special circumstances when support is essential to programs/projects that meet community needs
- Programs with religious content. In considering applications for funding from faith-based organizations we will apply the following criteria:
- The program or service to be funded must be open to all members of the community (not just members of the particular faith community applying for funding)
- In the course of providing programs or services, faith-based organizations cannot proselytize, nor require clients to participate in or adopt any specific religious practice or belief.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Strategies Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.