Community Wellness Fund Grant
Oregon Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 30, 2018 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Oregon: Douglas County, Lane County
Location of residency: OregonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Community Wellness Fund of The Oregon Community Foundation is the result of the Centene Corporation’s purchase of Trillium Community Health Plan, creating a $1 million fund to support organizations that assist in improving the health and wellness of Oregon Health Plan members.
The Community Wellness Fund invites proposals from governmental agencies, federally recognized tribes or an organization classified by the IRS with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. Grant recommendations are made to the OCF board of directors by an advisory committee consisting of individuals nominated by the Community Wellness Fund Committee.
Scope of Proposal Sought
The Oregon Community Foundation seeks proposals to improve engagement, activation, and/or participation of the Oregon Health Plan (Trillium Medicare/Medicaid population) members in their own health, healthy behaviors, clinical visits, and more appropriate use of the health care delivery system.
Projects that address one or more of the following will be considered:
- Improving patient activation and participation in their personal and family’s health.
- Defining strategies for improved and more effective communication and outreach to members, including:
- More effective appointment scheduling.
- Better compliance with medication regimens.
- Participation in healthy behavior classes/programs, e.g. yoga, eating/shopping instruction, food preparation, etc.
- Reorientation and redirection of members away from the Emergency Department Room and Urgent Care centers for their routine care and toward their assigned primary care medical home.
Competitive proposals should demonstrate all of the following qualities:
- Be evidenced based and measure outcomes.
- Encourage member connection to physical and/or behavioral health care provider
- Not duplicate services that are billable to Trillium
- Serve OHP members who are residents of the Trillium CCO service area (Lane County and Reedsport);
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Community Wellness Fund invites proposals from governmental agencies, federally recognized tribes or an organization classified by the IRS with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status).
- Services provided by grants funds should not otherwise be billable to OHP.
- Organizations with a demonstrated track record of improving the activation and engagement of people who are eligible for Medicaid or Medicare will receive preference.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Wellness Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.