COMNAP Antarctic Research Fellowship
Council of Managers of National Antarctic Programs (COMNAP)
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Deadline: Jul 11, 2018
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student Research Scientist Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Antarctica
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Argentina; Australia; Belarus; Belgium; Brazil; Bulgaria; Chile; China; Czech Republic; Ecuador; Finland; France; Germany; Italy; Japan; Korea, Republic of; Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Peru; Poland; Russian Federation; South Africa; Spain; Sweden; Ukraine; United Kingdom; United States; Uruguay Expand all
Must travel to: Argentina; Australia; Belarus; Belgium; Brazil; Bulgaria; Chile; China; Czech Republic; Ecuador; Finland; France; Germany; Italy; Japan; Korea, Republic of; Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Peru; Poland; Russian Federation; South Africa; Spain; Sweden; Ukraine; United Kingdom; United States; Uruguay Expand all
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 5 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Council of Managers of National Antarctic Programs (COMNAP) Antarctic Research Fellowship
COMNAP is the international independent organisation of National Antarctic Programs. Formed in 1988, COMNAP has as its goal to develop and promote best practice in managing the support of scientific research in Antarctica.
The COMNAP Antarctic Research Fellowship is designed to encourage the active involvement of early career Antarctic researchers and to strengthen international capacity and cooperation in the spirit of the Antarctic Treaty. The Fellowship Programme allows the selected Fellow to become acquainted with recent advances in research and/or to develop long-term research linkages and international partnerships.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Current Postgraduate/PhD researcher or within 5 years of finishing the highest degree obtained;
- Visiting a facility in or run by a COMNAP member country, which is both:
- different from applicant’s country of origin (which should be a COMNAP member country) and
- different from applicant's current current country of residence;
- Should contribute to one or more objectives of the home or host National Antarctic Programme, fit within COMNAP’s goals and purpose (would welcome applicants from Engineering, Social Sciences, Humanities, Education, Communication and Outreach, and Medicine, for example).
- Eligible expenses include economy-class round trip travel and a modest subsistence allowance for the fellowship period.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the COMNAP Antarctic Research Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.