Company of Biologists: Scientific Meeting Grants
The Company of BiologistsSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £6,000
Next deadline: Mar 25, 2019
Later deadlines: May 27, 2019, Sep 2, 2019, Jan 4, 2020
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Company of Biologists is a not-for-profit publishing organisation dedicated to supporting and inspiring the biological community.
The Company of Biologists uses the surplus it generates for the benefit of biology and the biological community. We support and encourage the sharing of knowledge across the biological community. We make the following financial contributions to support biologists:
- Meeting Grants – for both large and small meetings. We support meetings, workshops and conferences in the fields covered by our journals, around the world.
Although there are no rigid rules on funding amount, we would normally expect grants to be broadly proportional to the size of the meeting. Typically, they are awarded on a sliding scale where meetings with fewer than 100 people are given up to £2,000, or over about 400 people up to £6,000. These limits can be exceeded in exceptional cases, but special justification is required.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications are invited from the organisers of a range of charitable activities, including – but not limited to – meetings, workshops and conferences in the fields covered by our journals.
- Organisers may use a grant from The Company of Biologists in a variety of ways, for example:
- to meet the expenses of a plenary or keynote speaker,
- assist with travel for early career scientists, or
- to reduce (or waive) registration fees.
- Please note that whilst the quality of science remains paramount, The Company of Biologists would prefer to support meetings and events where organisers have sought maximal feasible diversity in speakers in terms of geography, gender and age.
- Applications from professional fund-raisers will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Company of Biologists: Scientific Meeting Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.