Company of Biologists: Scientific Meeting Grants
The Company of Biologists
Next deadline: Aug 23, 2022
Later deadlines: Nov 23, 2022, Mar 8, 2023, May 24, 2023
Grant amount: Up to £6,000
Fields of work: Biology
Applicant type: Organizations, Individuals
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
The Company of Biologists is a not-for-profit publishing organisation dedicated to supporting and inspiring the biological community.
The Company of Biologists uses the surplus it generates for the benefit of biology and the biological community. We support and encourage the sharing of knowledge across the biological community. We make the following financial contributions to support biologists:
- Meeting Grants – for both large and small meetings. We support meetings, workshops and conferences in the fields covered by our journals, around the world.
Although there are no rigid rules on funding amount, we would normally expect grants to be broadly proportional to the size of the meeting. Typically, they are awarded on a sliding scale where meetings with fewer than 100 people are given up to £2,000, or over about 400 people up to £6,000. These limits can be exceeded in exceptional cases, but special justification is required.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications are invited from the organisers of a range of charitable activities, including – but not limited to – meetings, workshops and conferences in the fields covered by our journals.
- Organisers may use a grant from The Company of Biologists in a variety of ways, for example:
- to meet the expenses of a plenary or keynote speaker,
- assist with travel for early career scientists, or
- to reduce (or waive) registration fees.
- Please note that whilst the quality of science remains paramount, The Company of Biologists would prefer to support meetings and events where organisers have sought maximal feasible diversity in speakers in terms of geography, gender and age.
- Applications to support younger people are encouraged.
- Applications from professional fund-raisers will not be considered.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to The Company of Biologists by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“After entering my search parameters, I always have useful, accurate, and well-organized results [with Instrumentl].”