Con Alma Grants
Con Alma Health FoundationSuggest an update
Predicted deadline: Apr 30, 2022
Grant amount: US $7,500 - US $20,000
Fields of work: Health Care Access & Delivery Health Policy & Advocacy Wellness & Healthy Living Health Disparities & Social Determinants of Health
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: New Mexico
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Con Alma Health Foundation awards grants, to qualified 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organizations serving the people and communities of New Mexico, each year in support of nonprofits’ efforts to improve their community’s health.
The emphasis of our grantmaking is on attaining long-term policy solutions and health equity that is informed by community voices.
The Foundation grants promote systemic change and are outcome oriented. Successful application requests align with the Foundation’s mission and core values.
Types of Funding Opportunities
Con Alma Grant awards are for single-year implementation in support of three ‘types’ of funding opportunities. Choosing which of the three aligns best with what you seek support for is an important initial step (more info found in Types of Grant Funding Opportunities section).
- Project Support: For efforts focused on health systems strategies that address the needs of New Mexico’s diverse communities.
- General Operating/Core Support: For organizations* seeking funding of their overall mission and operations. *Note: see addendum section for who can apply.
- Technical Assistance/Capacity Building Support: To address the need for capacity building and technical assistance among New Mexico’s nonprofits, and/or nonprofit sector.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The purpose of the grant must benefit people living in New Mexico.
- Grants are awarded only to tax-exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) Code of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Grant opportunity is open to all eligible applicants (based on the guidelines outlined), including current and past grant recipients of Con Alma and Northern New Mexico Health Grants Group.
- No grant will be made to individuals, or to fund scholarships/fellowships, capital or endowment campaigns, annual fundraising campaigns, event sponsorships, debt liquidation, clinical research, or direct financial subsidy of health services to individuals or groups.
- No grant will be made to fund political campaigns, lobbying activities, or other partisan activities prohibited by section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- No grant will be made to organizations that discriminate based on race, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- No grant will be made for religious purposes nor to an organization when funds would be used in whole or in part to further the organization’s religious purposes.
- No grant will be made to fund construction, renovation, or repairs.
- The Foundation will generally not consider:
- ongoing funding for the same activity. An organization that has previously received a Con Alma grant and applies for additional grants in subsequent years, must show how it has built upon previous strategies.
- projects with activities that replace public sector health-related programs. However, services that compliment or expand health-related services of the public sector are accepted.
- Purchases of property or equipment are limited to $5,000 per item.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”