Con Alma Grants
Con Alma Health FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: May 8, 2021 4:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $7,500 - US $20,000
Fields of work: Wellness & Healthy Living Health Policy & Advocacy Health Care Access & Delivery Health Disparities & Social Determinants of Health
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Education / Outreach, Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: New Mexico
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Con Alma Health Foundation is organized to be aware of and respond to the health rights and needs of the culturally and demographically diverse peoples and communities of New Mexico.
We seek to improve health status and access to health care services, and advocates for health policies whichaddress the health needs of all.
Con Alma’s work is guided by six core values that leads us to:
- Improve the health status of all New Mexicans
- Maintain the public trust
- Involve, collaborate and partner with New Mexico communities
- Innovate and lead
- Teach and learn
- Be an effective advocate for policies that improve health in New Mexico
Con Alma Health Foundation defines health broadly to include not only physical health, but also mental, emotional, behavioral, social, oral, environmental, economic, and spiritual health and well-being.
Con Alma Grants
Con Alma Grants awards grants that engage in health systems strategies that address the needs and builds on the strengths of the diverse communities of New Mexico. The Foundation supports the identification, preservation, and communication of traditional practices that maintain, foster, and improve health status.
Con Alma Grant awards are for single-year implementation in support of three ‘types’ of funding opportunities
- Project Support: For efforts focused on health systems strategies that address the needs of New Mexico’s diverse communities.
- General Operating/Core Support: For organizations seeking funding of their overall mission and operations, without a particular project focus.
- Technical Assistance/Capacity Building Support: To address the need for capacity building and technical assistance among nonprofits, and/or the nonprofit sector, in NM.
You may only apply to one ‘type’ per grant cycle, with the exception of the Northern NM Health Grants Group. You are not guaranteed to receive the type of funding you select. If, upon review of your application, we feel another type of funding is more appropriate, we will revise the type accordingly and may request additional information from you.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All grants are limited to 501(c)(3) organizations or organizations with an approved 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor. If you have a question related to fiscal sponsorship requirement, contact our Program Director.
- The purpose of the grant must benefit people living in New Mexico.
- Organizations working directly with sovereign nations, pueblo or tribal communities or within their jurisdictions must upload a letter of support from the tribe(s)/nation(s) involved as an attachment to the application or request additional time to do so.
- An organization that has previously received a CAHF grant may apply for additional grants in subsequent years. Successful recurring requests must show that the organization has built upon previous strategies.
- Applicants to Northern New Mexico Health Grants Group may also apply to Con Alma Health Foundation.
- No grant will be made to individuals, or to fund scholarships/fellowships, capital or endowment campaigns, annual fundraising campaigns, event sponsorships, emergency repairs, debt liquidation, clinical research, or direct financial subsidy of health services to individuals or groups.
- No grant will be made to fund political campaigns, lobbying activities, or other activities prohibited by section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- No grant will be made to fund construction or renovation.
- Purchases of property or equipment are limited to $5,000 per item.
- The Foundation generally will not consider ongoing funding for the same activity.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”